Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
We have new content about Hotkey issue, Click here to check it out!
Check out our WINDOWS 11 Support Center info about: OPTIMIZATION, KNOWN ISSUES, FAQs, VIDEOS AND MORE.
HP Recommended
Example: AP0609NZ
Microsoft Windows 10 (64-bit)

Hi All

I cant get my Hero 7 black to be detected by my ultrabook. Same camera works on an older laptop and is perfectly recognized.

I tried re installing the UBS device huvbs, MTP USB device drivers but nothing helps. Its not a gopro or cable issue since it works on other laptops. Not sure if its something to do with USB port.

I have also reset and update GoPro manually.

System detects it, but only for 5seconds and then it disappears and i even get USB connected display on my go pro but it does not appear in windows explorer, neither on Quik app. At the moment i directly insert my SD card into this to transfer data.

Please help.

5 REPLIES 5
HP Recommended

@fuego8799 

I actually bought a GoPro Hero 7 Black on Friday and tested it on Saturday and yesterday. I've got NO problem connecting it to my loan HP Spectre x360 and my HP Omen 15" machines to transfer video files. (using USB 3.0 ports) as you can see here.

gopro.png

I also do not have problem with Quik app on Windows 10. Please try other USB port

Regards.

BH
**Click the KUDOS thumb up on the left to say 'Thanks'**
Make it easier for other people to find solutions by marking a Reply 'Accept as Solution' if it solves your problem.

HP Recommended

This is the latest Spectre x360 Gem cut model. It has only 1 USB Port and GoPro does not come up on it.

HP Recommended

Hi Fuego8799,

I have exactly same problem with my specter 360. Could you figure out the problem?

HP Recommended

I have the same problem.  When I connect my GoPro Hero 7 Black to the usb port my Spectre, the computer makes a sound, the GoPro Quik software instantly starts, and it will charge the camera, but I cannot open any files.  It gets weirder.  I currently have a Dell U3219Q Monitor connected to my Spectre via the USB-C cable.  When I disconnect the GoPro usb cable from the Spectre and plug it into my Dell Monitor usb port, the GoPro is instantly visible and I can download files.  The cable works and the GoPro works, but the Spectre USB port does not work.  

-CJB

HP Recommended

I thought that I already responded to this several days ago, I come back and see nothing...Hmm.

I have the same issue on my Spectre 360. I purchased this laptop specifically for downloading and editing videos from my GoPro cameras. So far, I have tested both the 7black and 8black and neither are seen by file explorer on this PC. My other PC (desktop) has no such issues, and neither does my work PC, which is an older Spectre 2in1. 

My current PC is the Spectre x360 convertible 13-ap0xxx

I would really like to see a fix for this. The PC pings once the USB is connected, but no confirmation chime. The GoPros see USB connection, but nothing happens, and the PC cannot seem to find a device to list in file explorer...

It sucks having to pull the microSD card and install it in the PC, since I have to remove a 256GB microSB that I like to store my video projects on...

† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.