Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
We have new content about Hotkey issue, Click here to check it out!
Check out our WINDOWS 11 Support Center info about: OPTIMIZATION, KNOWN ISSUES, FAQs, VIDEOS AND MORE.
HP Recommended
HP Pavillion 15
Microsoft Windows 10 (64-bit)

I have to ask for help by blowing off steam?  I'm a 100% disabled PTSD, amongst  several things.  I'm  on a limited  income!  Why have things got more complicated, & **bleep** expensive ?  it seems like I can't  do anything Free, someone is constantly asking for Registration, another way of saying , PAY ME!!!  I can't afford to Buy, everything I encounter ?  Does anyone know how to buy when it's  absolutely necessary, but **bleep**, everybody has their hand out for Registration (more money), what  can I do?

I can't  even get Google app, without having nothing but Grief?  I'd  really appreciate your help, I just wanted to be able to enjoy my Smartphone, SmartWatch, & for some reason , Laptop, seems to run into extra Grief?  Anybody that can help, will help  restore my faith in humans, computers showing no mercy?  Please, someone, in the know, respond at your earliest convenience ![Personal Information Removed] Thank you, for bearing with me !

1 REPLY 1
HP Recommended

@tiger11946sr 

I understand your frustration, but you are combining different problems into one.

Regarding Android apps, we have Samsung phones and tables and have LOTS of apps on both of those.  I only have two paid apps -- a file transfer app and a password storage/encryption app -- out of over 40 apps.  So, I don't see having to pay for them being the serious issue you highlight.  Most paid apps have free apps that have some features removed.  So, I don't see an issue of having to pay for most of them.

Situation is similar with Windows apps.  While most of the well-know ones like MS Office and Games cost money, in some cases, lots of money, there are often free alternatives to those apps, but not the games.  If you don't want to pay a monthly subscription to MS for Office, you can use other office-like apps for free that have all of the important features.  You just have to do an online searches for free alternatives.

Same is true of the Windows Store -- MS wants you to use these because they want you dependent on what THEY decide you can use.  But there are alternatives to the Store apps, and while these often cost money, there are often free alternatives to those, as well.  You have to do some research to find such stuff.

As to registration, I created Google accounts to use my phones and tablets and I don't remember having to pay anything.  I am also registered at over 50 online sites, and don't recall having to pay anything for any of those, either.  So, I don't know where you are registering that is costing you money.

I'm retired, and have been for a while -- so I am very familiar with the "limited income" problem -- but I'm not running into the "charging for everything" issue you are encountering, but then, I go out of my way to find free alternative to paid stuff.

I am a volunteer and I do not work for, nor represent, HP
† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.