Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
We have new content about Hotkey issue, Click here to check it out!
Check out our WINDOWS 11 Support Center info about: OPTIMIZATION, KNOWN ISSUES, FAQs, VIDEOS AND MORE.
HP Recommended
HP 17-cp0000

Hello everyone,

I really hope someone can help me here as I don't know what to do anymore. 

So I bought this laptop for school and a bit of gaming. I like to play the sims 3 in my spare time. 

The problem with this game is that it doesn't recognise newer graphic cards. Normally this is easily fixed by going into the GraphicsCards.sgr and GraphicsRules.sgr and just adding the graphics card, by its name. This is where my problem arrives. 

When I go into my AMD system specifications the name is just 'AMD Radeon(TM) Graphics'. When I contacted AMD they told me to contact the laptop manufacturer as my laptop's processor is an  'AMD Ryzen 5 5500U with Radeon Graphics' and the computer with these mobile processors are customized, meaning they got another name. 

I can't find the name of my graphics card anywhere and can't play the game if my computer doesn't recognise my graphics card. I really don't know what to do anymore and am starting to regret buying this computer, as I can't use it for what I intended. Does anyone know a fix? 

Thanks you very much in advance! 

1 REPLY 1
HP Recommended

Hi:

The name of the AMD integrated graphics adapter that goes with the AMD Ryzen 5 5500U processor is called the AMD Radeon RX Vega 7 graphics.

Hopefully, you will be able to play the games you want with that information.

† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.