Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
We have new content about Hotkey issue, Click here to check it out!
Check out our WINDOWS 11 Support Center info about: OPTIMIZATION, KNOWN ISSUES, FAQs, VIDEOS AND MORE.
HP Recommended

Is this part important? Because with it i dont think i would be able to fit a graphics card. 

1587584519775228473054173345005.jpg

 the gray wire 

1587584611827714413244019682760.jpg

 found my antennas btw lol

HP Recommended

That's great.  Glad you found them and saved $22 clams.

Now your wifi should get much better reception.

That other thing is a parallel port which is used to connect a non-wireless printer to a PC that uses a parallel connector.

Just move it over next to the wifi card that you moved, and you should be fine.

If you don't use the port and never plan to, you can disconnect the cable from the motherboard , and put the PCI blank into the empty slot you will gain when you add the video card.

Personally, I would just move it over one.

HP Recommended

All done, i took it off finally and thanks alot for your help.

Lats question: I baught 1× 4gb ram stick ddr3 (compatible haha) and i have 2× 1gb ram in the 2 first slots so do i simply place the third stick in the next slot, do i take the others off where do i place it and do i move the others?

HP Recommended

You're very welcome.

According to the specs, you can install 4 x 4 GB of memory.

You can put the 4 GB chip in either of the 2 empty slots you have.  I would put it in the 3rd slot.

† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.