Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
We have new content about Hotkey issue, Click here to check it out!
Check out our WINDOWS 11 Support Center info about: OPTIMIZATION, KNOWN ISSUES, FAQs, VIDEOS AND MORE.
HP Recommended
Pavilion15-cs3020ca
Microsoft Windows 10 (64-bit)

Hi Community. 

I have a 6 month old Pavilion which has had constant video errors from almost day one.  Unfortunately the only advice I've been able to get from HP's tech support is to mail it in and have Windows reset.  Short of that I'm hoping someone here might be able to help.  The early issues were random screen tearing and glitchy/choppy videos.  They all seem so stem from the Intel Iris Plus Graphics drivers.  The drivers say that they're up to date and working when I look at them in Device Manager but if I look at the last event in their properties in Device Manager it says "device not started".  Below that it says it requires further installation with code 0xC0000E5.  If I uninstall the driver and reboot, the last event changes to "device started" but Windows Update immediately prompts me to install the latest driver which again repeats the problem.  I repeated this and paused Windows update for non-Windows software which seemed to help for a bit and even downloaded the latest graphics drivers from Intel's site but today I got a Kernel Security Check Failure and BSOD.  I was running no applications at the time.  When I looked in Event Viewer, there are repeated errors with Kernel PnP as the source, event ID 411 and Problem Status: 0xC0000E5.  

I'm not sure what else I can do.  I've run multiple diagnostics on the CPU, Memory etc. and no problems are ever found.  I've updated the BIOS when prompted and again with an HP tech.  I've also done extensive malware checks which always come up clean.  Any advice will be greatly appreciated.  Thanks

1 REPLY 1
HP Recommended

Hi@AnalogKid2112, Welcome to the HP Support Community!

Welcome to the HP Support Forums! It is a great place to find the help you need, both from other users, HP experts, and other support personnel.

I see that you are getting an error code when you try to install Windows 8.1 from USB or DVD. I am happy to assist.

Just to clarify, you are using a standalone Windows installation disk, you are not using a factory recovery image. Is that correct?

Have you run the hardware diagnostics on your notebook? HP Notebook PCs - Testing for Hardware Failures (Windows 

What operating system was on the system before, and have you made a set of recovery media, for your original factory installation?

Hope this helps! Keep me posted. 

Please click “Accept as Solution” if you feel my post solved your issue, it will help others find the solution.

Click the “Kudos, Thumbs Up" on the bottom right to say “Thanks” for helping!

Have a great day! 

† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.