Create an account on the HP Community to personalize your profile and ask a question
Check out our WINDOWS 11 Support Center info about: OPTIMIZATION, KNOWN ISSUES, FAQs, VIDEOS AND MORE.
10-21-2021 04:01 PM
Product: Envy x360 15m-eu0023dx
Operating System: Microsoft Windows 10 (64-bit)
Envy x360 15m-eu0023dx AMD Ryzen 5000 series
I was working. Many Chrome tabs open as usual. No “gaming”
work setup is dual monitor (1 HDMI directly to computer, one HDMI plugged into power/dock). Laptop in tablet mode on a stand bing a third monitor.
1st screen (primary monitor) turned green, second mo it or and laptop screen turned black.
power light is on the power button on the laptop keyboard, will not power down. I unplugged everything from laptop (keyboard/mouse dongle, USB micro drive, power dock, primary monitor).
screen on laptop is still black. Will. It power off
I plugged just primary monitor in again and the screen is still green, laptop screen still black.
I’ve tried holding the power button down several times for different lengths (even over 60 seconds) to no avail.
Any other suggestions or button combos I can try to force a hard shutdown? Or is this a job for Geek Squad?
(battery is NOT removable)
Thank you for any help.
1 REPLY 1
10-24-2021 07:47 AM
Welcome to the HP Support Community!
We reviewed your post and I understand that the Notebook is not Powering ON,
Don’t worry, I assure you I will try my best to get this sorted.
I recommend you follow the below steps and check if it helps
Do you see a light at the place where the charger connects to the laptop? If yes then it indicates that the charger is all fine.
I recommend you to perform the following steps to isolate the issue and arrive at a fix:
- Remove the battery out. If the battery is integrated and does not have a latch to release it then leave the battery inside the laptop.
- Disconnected AC adapter from the laptop.
- Press and hold the power button for 15 seconds.
- Reconnect the battery and plug the AC adapter.
F6 + Power Button
- CMOS Rest ( combination of windows button and letter 'V' then push the power button ones and release the windows and letter 'V' after 5sec
If the laptop does not power on then please continue with the below steps:
- Disconnect the charger and remove the battery out.
- Connect only the battery and check if the laptop powers on.
- Likewise, remove the battery out (if removal battery ) and connect only the charger, and check if that helps.
Hope this helps! Keep me posted.
Please click “Accept as Solution” if you feel my post solved your issue, it will help others find the solution.
Have a great day!
Be alert for scammers posting fake support phone numbers and/or email addresses on the community.
If you think you have received a fake HP Support message, please report it to us by clicking on "Flag Post".
Didn't find what you were looking for? Ask the community