Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
Any failures related to Hotkey UWP service? Click here for tips.
Check out our WINDOWS 11 Support Center info about: OPTIMIZATION, KNOWN ISSUES, FAQs, VIDEOS AND MORE.
HP Recommended

I have an HP Notebook 15-f272wm, and have CyberLink Power Media Player 14.

The disc drive E: will not play or even recognize Blu-Ray discs. When I insert a DVD it works fine. But it says that There is no disc inserted when I try a Blu-ray disc.
I have tried to look my problem up online and through HP's troubleshooting but have found nothing helpful.

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
HP Recommended

Hello @ krustumer – Hope you are well 🙂

Welcome to the HP Support Forums!  It is a great place to find the help you need, from other users, HP experts, and other support personnel. 

I understand that you are unable to play/read Blu-ray discs. I will do my best to assist you with this issue 🙂

I checked the product specifications of your Notebook. The optical drive in your computer doesn’t seem to have a Blu-ray read/write functionality.

It’s a Double-Layer SuperMulti Drive/SuperMulti DVD burner. It can read or write any types of discs except Blu-ray. For reading Blu-ray discs you need a Blu-ray drive and your model doesn’t have that.

Please check this product specifications page for your Notebook.

Alternatively, you can also check the product manual of your model.

I hope this helps! Let me know if you need further assistance.

Cheers 🙂

Please click "Accepted Solution" on the post that solves your issue to help others find the solution. To show appreciation for my help, please click the "Thumbs Up Icon" below!

Anoop
I am an HP Employee

View solution in original post

2 REPLIES 2
HP Recommended

Hello @ krustumer – Hope you are well 🙂

Welcome to the HP Support Forums!  It is a great place to find the help you need, from other users, HP experts, and other support personnel. 

I understand that you are unable to play/read Blu-ray discs. I will do my best to assist you with this issue 🙂

I checked the product specifications of your Notebook. The optical drive in your computer doesn’t seem to have a Blu-ray read/write functionality.

It’s a Double-Layer SuperMulti Drive/SuperMulti DVD burner. It can read or write any types of discs except Blu-ray. For reading Blu-ray discs you need a Blu-ray drive and your model doesn’t have that.

Please check this product specifications page for your Notebook.

Alternatively, you can also check the product manual of your model.

I hope this helps! Let me know if you need further assistance.

Cheers 🙂

Please click "Accepted Solution" on the post that solves your issue to help others find the solution. To show appreciation for my help, please click the "Thumbs Up Icon" below!

Anoop
I am an HP Employee
HP Recommended

Thamk you for finding this for me. I would have been looking forever. 

† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.