Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
We have new content about Hotkey issue, Click here to check it out!
Check out our WINDOWS 11 Support Center info about: OPTIMIZATION, KNOWN ISSUES, FAQs, VIDEOS AND MORE.
HP Recommended
HP ProBook 650 G1
Microsoft Windows 7 (64-bit)

Hi,

I've recvently had my laptop re-inaged to a 64bit version of Windows 7 (HP ProBook 650 G1). 

I use it with a HP 2012 W90 - A7E32AA Docking Station, with attached mouse, keyboard and monitor.

Since the re-image, I can't get the mouse or keybouard to work with the docking station (the monitor does work).

Both the mouse and keyboard work when plugged directly into the USB ports of the Laptop.

I've tried to find an appropriate driver for the docking station via the HP site and via google, but all sources lead me in circles and ultimately to nothing so far.

I'm hoping someone can assist? The new driver may not even solve the problem, but it's a process of elimination unless someone knows of an alternative solution?

Thanks in advance,

CJW

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
HP Recommended

You should not need drivers for the docking station...all USB ports on it are USB 3.0...Windows 7 requires a USB 3.0 driver. Did the person who reimaged your hard drive install the USB 3.0 driver? 

Does any part of the dock work? Does it charge the laptop? I see the monitor works through the dock so the dock is not dead.

When the laptop is docked do you see any evidence of it in device manager? 

USB 3 driver for Windows 7 64 bit:

http://h20564.www2.hp.com/hpsc/swd/public/detail?sp4ts.oid=5405142&swItemId=ob_161275_1&swEnvOid=406...

View solution in original post

2 REPLIES 2
HP Recommended

You should not need drivers for the docking station...all USB ports on it are USB 3.0...Windows 7 requires a USB 3.0 driver. Did the person who reimaged your hard drive install the USB 3.0 driver? 

Does any part of the dock work? Does it charge the laptop? I see the monitor works through the dock so the dock is not dead.

When the laptop is docked do you see any evidence of it in device manager? 

USB 3 driver for Windows 7 64 bit:

http://h20564.www2.hp.com/hpsc/swd/public/detail?sp4ts.oid=5405142&swItemId=ob_161275_1&swEnvOid=406...

HP Recommended

Thanks Huffer,

I removed the mouse and keyboard from the laptop and replaced them into the docking station.

I then opened the device manager, ran a routine that checked for hardware changes (within device manager), where both devices then showed as having no drivers installed.

I ran an update using the automated Windows search within device manager, which found and installed the drivers.

Thanks for putting me on the right path - it lead to the solution 🙂

CJW

† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.