Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
We have new content about Hotkey issue, Click here to check it out!
Check out our WINDOWS 11 Support Center info about: OPTIMIZATION, KNOWN ISSUES, FAQs, VIDEOS AND MORE.
HP Recommended
HP Pavilion TS 15
Microsoft Windows 10 (64-bit)

After today's 11/14/17 Tue Windows Patchfest my PC received notifications regarding incompatible HP Accelerometer apparently due to the latest (Creators ?) updates for Windows 10 (?), so I uninstalled it.  Just wondering if I really need this app? I had version 6.0.41.1 and tried finding a newer version but no luck. Thanks. 

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
HP Recommended

HP's  latest 3D Driveguard which directly addresses the compatibility error:

http://ftp.hp.com/pub/softpaq/sp83501-84000/sp83846.exe

**Click Accept as Solution on a Reply that solves your issue**
***Click the "YES" button if you think this response was helpful.***

View solution in original post

18 REPLIES 18
HP Recommended

This is the latest version I know of:

http://ftp.hp.com/pub/softpaq/sp82001-82500/sp82228.exe

HP Recommended

I also have the same exact issue. And actually, it's also broke windows system icons in taskbar for me before this issue appear, Input Indicator always back on taskbar even after I turn it off. After HP 3D Drive Guard uninstalled, windows taskbar works normal again.

To the HP Software team, Please update HP 3D Drive Guard software for the latest Windows 10 Fall Creator's Update.

HP Recommended

Hello, thank you for this iteration.  So far no warning!

Tararaboomdeay!

HP Recommended

Hello, update on this, I have uninstalled the HP DriveGuard once again, as the warning reasserted itself once I have shut PC down and restarted it.. no worries. I never drop my laptop, it doesn't really go traveling at all except to the couch from the kitchen! Thanks for trying to help out though!  

HP Recommended

Try the more recent update to 3D DriveGuard, Softpaq 82755:

Since the first reply did not actually resolve your issue, you may want to mark it as such: use "Not the solution" from the "Options" menu of the reply.

HP Recommended

HP's  latest 3D Driveguard which directly addresses the compatibility error:

HP Recommended

DLBurkhart, I went ahead and downloaded this version and installed; then I checked programs to verify it was on my TS but I don't see it? I rebooted my PC and still not showing up.  Do not see 3D Drive Guard. Any further advice welcome. Thanks. 

HP Recommended

@Tararaboomdeay

Install HP's  latest 3D Driveguard which directly addresses the compatibility error:

HP Recommended

Did not work for me on my Envy 17-n152sa that updated to 1709 today, even the so called latest update, I still cannot get the HP 3D Guard Icon to work on the taskbar, and when I click on the accellerator.exe in program files I still get not compatible message although not when starting the notebook:( 

I have installed and unsinstalled the software and the sensor from device manager several times now and nothing.. 

I can get the coolsense to start and put the icon in the taskbar from control panel,  but that stops again on reboot, strange thing is in services the 3D guard is running... 

Any ideas? I do have a full disc image using Macrium Reflect and last nights was on 1703 I am getting tempted to restore my entire notebook... unless a fix can be found asap

As above I do onot take the notebook out so do not intend to drop it, but the coolsense is related to the sensor so that is more importtant if not working... or if the service is running is the 3D Guard actually working?

† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.