Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
Any failures related to Hotkey UWP service? Click here for tips.
Check out our WINDOWS 11 Support Center info about: OPTIMIZATION, KNOWN ISSUES, FAQs, VIDEOS AND MORE.
HP Recommended
HP Active Pen 6SG43UT
Microsoft Windows 10 (64-bit)

I have an HP Elitebook x360 1030 G3 laptop. I recently purchased the HP Active Pen. The pen is paired via Bluetooth to the laptop. The pen is able to write on the screen in multiple applications so I know it is working. The eraser button on the pen works but the two other buttons on the side of the pen do not do anything. I installed the "Pen Settings" app but when I run it I get the below screen. Tapping the screen with the pen does nothing. It appears that the app is not seeing the pen on my laptop.

Has anyone else seen this issue? Any solution to get this working?

Pen Settings.png

3 REPLIES 3
HP Recommended

@diver7 

Not sure, though it is important the pen is compatible with the computer.

Assuming the correct pen, driver link provided below.

Active Stylus - Compatibility Document

Search the document for a compatible stylus and find additional information about stylus support.

HP PCs - Touchscreen Compatibility with Pen and Stylus

• If there is an HP Active Stylus available for your model, it should be included in the document.
  • If you are unsure of the model series, click open the appropriate category (Consumer or Business class systems), peruse the list to find supported models.
  • Pen(s) compatible with your computer are marked with a “check mark” to the right of your computer model, in the column(s) under the Pen name / description(s).
  • Additional information can sometimes be found in Advisory Documents for your computer.
  • The document is updated as new information becomes available.

++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++

The compatibility document shows the following pen as compatible with Elitebook x360 1030 G3

HP Rechargeable Active Pen
4KL69AA
HP PN: L35260-001 (pen set including extra tips and tip-extractor ring)
L04729-002 (pen only)
HP SPS: L16131-001

++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++
Part Number  L16131-001

Wacom Pen Device 

In general, it is important that your HP Software and Drivers be current - in particular, stylus operation depends on the complete infrastructure provided by the other software and drivers installed for your OS version.

Reference and Resources – Places to find (more) help and learn about your Device

Clarification of terms and "what the device can do" (Specifications)

Device Homepage

NOTE:  Content depends on device type and Operating System

HP Drivers / Software and BIOS, How-to Videos, Bulletins/Notices, How-to Documents, Troubleshooting, Manuals, Product Information, more

When the website support page opens, Select (as available) a Category > Topic > Subtopic

Thank you for participating in the HP Community Forum.

We are a world community of HP enthusiasts dedicated to supporting HP technology.

Click Thumbs Up on a post to say Thank You!

Answered? Select the relevant post "Accept as Solution" to help others find it.

Dragon-Fur

HP Recommended

@Dragon-Fur

Thanks for all the information. Based on the compatibility matrix link you referenced it appears I have the wrong pen. I went off of the HP store listing for the pen I purchased which clearly shows that my laptop is compatible with the pen I purchased. I guess I will have to return this pen and get the other one.  I hope HP updates there store listing frequently.

Rhetorical question: Why do they have so many pens that look the same but have different part numbers and work with different laptops?

HP Recommended

@diver7 

You are welcome.

It did take a bit of digging to verify that the suggested pen for your system does provide the driver for that pen at your computer's Software and Drivers.  (I cross referenced the pen part number to the information page for the pen.)

I glad the question is rhetorical.  Smiling.  We use essentially the same information available to everyone (the Compatibility document, for example).  

Good Luck.

Thank you for participating in the HP Community Forum.

We are a world community of HP enthusiasts dedicated to supporting HP technology.

Click Thumbs Up on a post to say Thank You!

Answered? Select the relevant post "Accept as Solution" to help others find it.

Dragon-Fur

† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.