Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
Any failures related to Hotkey UWP service? Click here for tips.
Check out our WINDOWS 11 Support Center info about: OPTIMIZATION, KNOWN ISSUES, FAQs, VIDEOS AND MORE.
HP Recommended
HP Chromebook x360 - 14c-ca0053dx
Chrome OS

The clock app shows the wrong time. See attached screenshot which shows the time in the shelf is 2:22pm and the clock app shows 3:08pm. It is not off by a multiple of an hour so it is NOT a time zone problem.  The time error breaks all the apps such as one time passwords that rely on accurate time. The time in the clock app and the time in the shelf agree right after a restart, but in only a few hours, the time is minutes apart. The incorrect clock time is always later than the correct shelf time, and it increases with every hour.

chrome-clock.png

6 REPLIES 6
HP Recommended

Hi @Charles_R_Basin 

Welcome to the HP Support Community. I see that your HP Chromebook X360 - 14c-Ca0053dx and your Android Clock show a different time. Do not worry, I am here to help you with it.

May I know if you have made any recent hardware or software changes to your system?

Please use the link here and follow the steps to update the time. Let me know if that makes any difference. 

Hope this helps! Keep me posted. 

Please click “Accept as Solution” if you feel my post solved your issue, it will help others find the solution. 

Click the “Yes" on the bottom right to say “Thanks” for helping. 

NIRVANA_95
I am an HP Employee
HP Recommended

t

-------------------------------------------------
Former Expert in the PalmOS, WebOS, and Android sections of this Community Forum.
I am a Volunteer here, not employed by HP.
HP Recommended

@Charles_R_Basin 

Are you really running an Android clock app on your ChromeOS device?   Why?

How do I reset the time on my Chromebook?
Set the date and time
Sign in to your Chromebook.
At the bottom right, select the time.
Select Settings .
Scroll down and select Advanced.
In the "Date and time" section: To manually choose your time zone, select Time zone. Choose from list. Down arrow . To switch to a 24-hour clock, turn on Use 24-hour clock.

It gets the time from your internet/router.  If the time zone is correct, check your router.

WyreNut

-------------------------------------------------
Former Expert in the PalmOS, WebOS, and Android sections of this Community Forum.
I am a Volunteer here, not employed by HP.
HP Recommended

No recent hardware changes, and only the usual automatic Chrome OS updates. Your instructions do not update the time because it is not a location or time zone problem. Only a restart restores the correct time in the clock, but it does not show the correct time for very long.

HP Recommended

I used the Android clock app because I need to see the time to the nearest second, and the shelf clock only shows time to the nearest minute. The Aegis Authenticator app is failing on the Chromebook, and I wanted to understand the root cause of the problem. I was very surprised when I saw that the shelf clock and the clock app showed different times. Since the difference was not a multiple of an hour, I know it is NOT a time zone problem.

HP Recommended

Charles, 

I 'm have exactly the same problem.On the shelf it 's 21:29 On the clock it 's tomorrow 3:19.

It has to do with the sleep mode.

All apps relate to the wrong clock. Try the function NOW() in Googles Sheets. Try any other clock in the play-store. Try Suncalc.(Nice app)  I 've  encounter problems with logging in because of the wrong timestamp. 

By the way I have a Lenovo Chromebook, so it 's definitely ChromeOS

Google sends me all the way but never the good way

† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.