Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
We have new content about Hotkey issue, Click here to check it out!
Check out our WINDOWS 11 Support Center info about: OPTIMIZATION, KNOWN ISSUES, FAQs, VIDEOS AND MORE.
HP Recommended
Probook 650 G8
Microsoft Windows 10 (64-bit)

In my new Probook 650 G8 installed a new version of HP Client Security Manager (10.1.1.) which does not have an Identity Security Section, which included: Password Manager, Fingerprints, Cards, Face and so on. It only has the section called Device Security, which includes HP Sure Run and HP Sure Recover.

My older laptop (the same model, but I purchased it at the beginning of this year has the old version of HP Client Security Manager (9.5.4.2912), which has all those features. So, I'm wondering if it's just my system has something wrong in settings or something else? I really need those features. So, if nothing wrong with my system, where I can download the old version of HP Client Security Manager? Please help!HP_Client_Security_Manager.jpg

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
HP Recommended

You're very welcome.

Sorry, I didn't check the link to see if it worked or not.  I couldn't get it to work either.

You can download the file from this link. 

ftp://ftp.hp.com/pub/softpaq/sp110001-110500/sp110212.exe

I checked it, but you need to download it with Internet Explorer or with Edge in Internet Explorer mode.

View solution in original post

6 REPLIES 6
HP Recommended

Hi:

If you want the older version of the HP client security manager software, you can get it at the link below.

HP Commercial Notebook PCs - 'HP Sure Run is not Responding' Message Displays When Upgrading HP Clie...

HP Recommended

Thank you, but the link does not work.

HP Recommended

You're very welcome.

Sorry, I didn't check the link to see if it worked or not.  I couldn't get it to work either.

You can download the file from this link. 

ftp://ftp.hp.com/pub/softpaq/sp110001-110500/sp110212.exe

I checked it, but you need to download it with Internet Explorer or with Edge in Internet Explorer mode.

HP Recommended

Thanks a lot! Eventually I was able to downloaded it! Edge could open that page (Chrome did not work), but there was no way to download the software by clicking the links even in IE mode in EDGE, so I had to open this page in IE again. 

Will uninstall the original (10.1....) version and install this one and let you know how it worked.

BTW, any ideas why HP got rid of this useful features?

Thank you again!

HP Recommended

You're very welcome. 

Unfortunately, I don't know why HP discontinued that software. 

I see that it has been removed from all of the support pages for the older models.

The only thing that I can think of is that most folks use the Windows Hello app to log in with a fingerprint. 

HP Recommended

I found a few articles still available under "Support" section here regarding the old version, with all the details how to use that old Manager, but looks like it useless now since they decided do not support it anymore. Hello let's you just sign in, old version has a password manager, which works with Chrome via extension (so far), such a huge plus.

† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.