Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
Any failures related to Hotkey UWP service? Click here for tips.
Check out our WINDOWS 11 Support Center info about: OPTIMIZATION, KNOWN ISSUES, FAQs, VIDEOS AND MORE.
HP Recommended
HP ZBook 15 G3
Microsoft Windows 10 (64-bit)

I re-installed Windows 10 1607 with all available patches and after that ran the HP Softpaq installation utility to install all available drivers and utilities hP offers for my laptop. After that I setup the HP Client Security with my PIN and fingerprints.

All was working fine after reboots and logoff/logon with fingerprint.

Then I added the Hyper-V role and rebooted. After the reboot the FIngerprint and PIN logon options were no longer available and I also cannot run the HP Client Security software anymore as that no longer accepts my Windows password to start the setup wizard.

Is this a (know) bug?

I hope someone can help out here.

Rgds,

Eric

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
HP Recommended

The cause of this was the fact that I did an AzureAD join of my laptop and due to the installation of HyperV the identity of the computer changed which invalidated the HP Client Security Setup.

After unjoiningmy device from  Azure AD, removing the  HP Client Security software and some cleaning up in the MSOL registered devices in my tenant I could rejoin the laptop to Azure AD and enable the Windows Hello again with PIN and fingerprints.

hope this helps someone...

View solution in original post

1 REPLY 1
HP Recommended

The cause of this was the fact that I did an AzureAD join of my laptop and due to the installation of HyperV the identity of the computer changed which invalidated the HP Client Security Setup.

After unjoiningmy device from  Azure AD, removing the  HP Client Security software and some cleaning up in the MSOL registered devices in my tenant I could rejoin the laptop to Azure AD and enable the Windows Hello again with PIN and fingerprints.

hope this helps someone...

† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.