Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
We have new content about Hotkey issue, Click here to check it out!
Check out our WINDOWS 11 Support Center info about: OPTIMIZATION, KNOWN ISSUES, FAQs, VIDEOS AND MORE.
HP Recommended
HP EliteBook 1050 G1
Microsoft Windows 10 (64-bit)

HP support Assistant said there was a HP Firmware Pack that should be installed so I started the installation - failed the first time but when I retried it I get the Installing: HP Firmware Pack (Q72) screen which is waiting for the installer to complete.- no visible installer.

Been sitting here for quite a while now so any advice on what to do - wouldn't want to end up with a corrupt bios.

Thanks in anticipation.

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
HP Recommended

Hello

forget to use HP Support Assistant , use instead HP Image Assistant : https://ftp.hp.com/pub/caps-softpaq/cmit/HPIA.html

Elitebooks will never get a BIOS corrupted, they have a technology called HP Sure Start.

when you power-on the computer, even in case the BIOS is corrupted , the Embedded Security Controller automatic repair the BIOS taking a second copy of BIOS from an hidded storage.

This works even if a malware try to attack the BIOS , at next reboot HP BIOS is automatically restored.

bye

View solution in original post

2 REPLIES 2
HP Recommended

Hello

forget to use HP Support Assistant , use instead HP Image Assistant : https://ftp.hp.com/pub/caps-softpaq/cmit/HPIA.html

Elitebooks will never get a BIOS corrupted, they have a technology called HP Sure Start.

when you power-on the computer, even in case the BIOS is corrupted , the Embedded Security Controller automatic repair the BIOS taking a second copy of BIOS from an hidded storage.

This works even if a malware try to attack the BIOS , at next reboot HP BIOS is automatically restored.

bye

HP Recommended

Thanks for that advice,  I’ll try HPIA.  I downloaded the actual .exe with the help of support and ran it manually.  It was warning about Bitlocker and that I needed to make sure that I had the recovery key.  This is what may have caused the non-response if it is was run in the background with no one to say go ahead.

lesson learnt - down load patch manually and try it.

† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.