Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
We have new content about Hotkey issue, Click here to check it out!
Check out our WINDOWS 11 Support Center info about: OPTIMIZATION, KNOWN ISSUES, FAQs, VIDEOS AND MORE.
HP Recommended

@Anonymous wrote:

When I tried premiere pro the same thing happened, the opencl acceleration was greyed out, this was after updating the adrenaline drivers from 18.12.2 or something, but after one reboot it showed me the option later.

@Hatshepsut1 wrote:

Adobe Premiere Pro no longer allows Mercury Engine Acceleration, the option is grayed out. Any ideas?

No, a restart doesn't help. Could be because I installed Adrenalin 19.1.1 without removing previous one (18.12.2) I guess.

HP Recommended

@Hatshepsut1 wrote:

OK, after reading this discussion I updated BIOS to F19 and Adrenalin 19.1.1. All looks good except a couple of strange things. Both the USB 3 sockets now refuse to recognise my phone, nothing appears in device manager, can't browse phone contents or tether USB. It still works fine with the USB-C socket. I've tried re-installing the phone's USB drivers to no avail. Secondly Adobe Premiere Pro no longer allows Mercury Engine Acceleration, the option is grayed out. Any ideas?

If USB ports work with other devices the problem has to be Windows related (registry). Windows disables problem devices connecting via USB after few failed attempts, such problem device flag is entered into registry and it stops futher attempts to install/enable the device.  Try moving a device to a different USB port in such case, this is a normal practice. You need to research it (some registry USB config. keys have to be removed/reset, I did that before). Happened to me several times with USB mouse. Try connecting a USB hub in between to see if any change. This assigns new port numbers and creates sub-configs. I don't see any reason for BIOS working with some USB devices but not with your phone specifically. Test with diffrent USB peripherals and go from there.

HP Recommended

@proxyx wrote:

@Hatshepsut1 wrote:

OK, after reading this discussion I updated BIOS to F19 and Adrenalin 19.1.1. All looks good except a couple of strange things. Both the USB 3 sockets now refuse to recognise my phone, nothing appears in device manager, can't browse phone contents or tether USB. It still works fine with the USB-C socket. I've tried re-installing the phone's USB drivers to no avail. Secondly Adobe Premiere Pro no longer allows Mercury Engine Acceleration, the option is grayed out. Any ideas?

If USB ports work with other devices the problem has to be Windows related (registry). Windows disables problem devices connecting via USB after few failed attempts, such problem device flag is entered into registry and it stops futher attempts to install/enable the device.  Try moving a device to a different USB port in such case, this is a normal practice. You need to research it (some registry USB config. keys have to be removed/reset, I did that before). Happened to me several times with USB mouse. Try connecting a USB hub in between to see if any change. This assigns new port numbers and creates sub-configs. I don't see any reason for BIOS working with some USB devices but not with your phone specifically. Test with diffrent USB peripherals and go from there.

Thanks for the tips. The phone does indeed work with a USB hub, and other USB devices work fine. Strange. Flashing the new BIOS messed something up. Will look into possible registry issues as you suggest.

HP Recommended

BIOS could have reshuffled devices table but not in a way to cripple functionality. Call it a windows hiccup. Google your issue, there should be a script to correct that, if I recall, or a recipe for carving out some registry keys.

HP Recommended

@Hatshepsut1 wrote:

@Anonymous wrote:

When I tried premiere pro the same thing happened, the opencl acceleration was greyed out, this was after updating the adrenaline drivers from 18.12.2 or something, but after one reboot it showed me the option later.

@Hatshepsut1 wrote:

Adobe Premiere Pro no longer allows Mercury Engine Acceleration, the option is grayed out. Any ideas?

No, a restart doesn't help. Could be because I installed Adrenalin 19.1.1 without removing previous one (18.12.2) I guess.

Clearing the old driver is important for OpenCL's functionality. 

Specs: HP Envy x360 15z bq-100-CTO with Ryzen 5 2500U, 16GB RAM, 512 GB NVMe M2 SSD, 1TB 7200 RPM HDD.
HP Recommended

@Hatshepsut1 wrote:

1. Disable Windows update's driver update funtion

2. Clear the old driver before force install

I use Google Pixel phone as reference Andriod phone and it works fine with F.19 and 19.1.1

Specs: HP Envy x360 15z bq-100-CTO with Ryzen 5 2500U, 16GB RAM, 512 GB NVMe M2 SSD, 1TB 7200 RPM HDD.
HP Recommended

For refence, this is why I prefer DDU over AMD's "driver cleaner", when I run AMD's tool, it nukes ALL amd drivers, including chipset which, you guessed it, includes USB 3.

That said, I had no issues running the Chipset driver utility from AMD on the laptop, then manually installing drivers which didnt push automagically.

Yes you have to manually do Vulkin/RadeonSettings along side the Manual Driver install but all should be fine afterwards..

I havent updated my initial post, but also found out that f.17/f.20 also has the old VBIOS as well, not that it shouldnt be expected as F.20 is just F.17, but downgraded VRAM/VBIOS/AGESA is just... ya

If you have F.19 stick with it and deal with the hardships of manual install or wipe/reinstall  if you dont plan on just selling yours and being done with it

Signature:
Company got tired of TM's who don't know real technology/products/troubleshooting, so I was asked to apply...
T1>T2>T3>SME>TM... in under 3 years
HP Recommended

@ron_valen wrote:

@Hatshepsut1 wrote:

@Anonymous wrote:

@Hatshepsut1 wrote:

Clearing the old driver is important for OpenCL's functionality. 

Yep, uninstalled with DDU and reinstalled, and Mercury Engine working now 🙂

HP Recommended

sp93348 has just been uploaded:

ftp://ftp.hp.com/pub/softpaq/sp93001-93500/sp93348.html

ftp://ftp.hp.com/pub/softpaq/sp93001-93500/sp93348.exe

This softpaq provides the 24.20 AMD display driver also for the 15DD series (our Vega 8 1st gen Ryzen), however it is for other models (for now it says HP 245 G7 Notebook PC) since the SUBSYS_83C6103C is not covered.

IDK if trying to update to this, since after a full system reset the F20/22.19.655.1 with Windows 1809 is working good. Not perfect (Netflix has some glitches after resume from suspend) but I had no more BSODs, nor problems with Chrome video content, nor "Application has been locked from accessing graphics hardware" after resume from suspend.

Apparently there have been some improvements in last BIOSes versions, even tough switching to the newer generation drivers is still needed for full compatibility with 1809 apps. I think also that messing with lots of versions of different manufacturers, with different display settings, leaves some wrong settings in the Windows register that ATI Cleanup Utility does not remove properly. I do not explain otherwise why after a full reset now with F20 it works with that old driver.

HP Recommended

Not messing around with these I got mine working and for now disabled windows update service. Still hoping HP and AMD will deliver by Feb end........

† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.