Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
We have new content about Hotkey issue, Click here to check it out!
Check out our WINDOWS 11 Support Center info about: OPTIMIZATION, KNOWN ISSUES, FAQs, VIDEOS AND MORE.
HP Recommended

Happy New year!

I have a G62 Laptop which i am trying to upgrade from window 7 to windows 10 for my son to use.

I contacted Microsoft to find out how to upgrade from windows 7 home to 10, they run some checks on my computer and said my BIOS needs to be updated via HP.

I have looked this up how to do it, however my exact model does not show on the software  and driver download customer support page.

The laptop is a ;

Product name HP G62 Notebook PC
Product number XT875EA#ABU
Serial number [Personal Information Removed]
BIOS (Configuration) F.48 - 11/09/2011 ( 0594110000252710001020100 )
Keyboard revision 60.50
Total memory 4.00 GB
Processor name Intel(R) Pentium(R) CPU P6100 @ 2.00GHz (2000 MHz)

when i search and find similar models such as G62- a00 or G62- 300 the BIOS downloads available show 2011 which is no further than what i already have, does that mean the computer BIOS available is not compatible with window 10? 

Any advice, regarding the viability for this  would be gratefully received.

1 REPLY 1
HP Recommended

Hi:

Happy New Year to you too!

You are at the latest BIOS revision that HP released for the model series.

HP has retired support for the g62 model series since it is more than 10 years old.

You can try upgrading to W10 by making a bootable USB installation flash drive from the link below.

Download Windows 10 (microsoft.com)

You will need a PC running W10 to do that because you have to make registry changes in W7/W8.1 for the tool to work anymore.

After the W10 media has been created, plug the flash drive into your g62 and do not boot from it.

Open the flash drive in Windows explorer and double click on the Setup application to begin the upgrade process to W10.

If for some reason things don't work right on W10, you have 10 days to go back to W7 as long as you don't delete any of the upgrade files or the Windows.old folder.

† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.