Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
We have new content about Hotkey issue, Click here to check it out!
Check out our WINDOWS 11 Support Center info about: OPTIMIZATION, KNOWN ISSUES, FAQs, VIDEOS AND MORE.
HP Recommended

EliteBook 8570w:

I installed the suggested solution: SP62981, but It still not working.

The existing driver's properties, says:

"The driver for this device has been blocked from starting because it is known to have problems with Windows. Contact the hardware vendor for a new driver. (Code 48)"

HP Recommended

Hi,

My HP Notebook Envy 15 (Prod/n P1R36EA#UUW) also having problem with the fingerprint sensor
after installing Windows 10 Creators Update. Sensor broken if screensaver or WIN+L used.
The sensor is working again for next login after a normal key-password login and logout.

Newest released software in use (HP.com Support):

Envy 15 BIOS F.36 Rev. A
  HP Simple Pass 8.01.62
  Validity Sensors (WBF) (PID=0050) 4.5.327

Best Regards,
Ulf

HP Recommended

When HP will come out with a patch?

HP Recommended

Same issue for the Elitebook 8440p, just updated this morning and after reboot found the error in Windows Defender's new tab

HP Recommended

I have the same issue with my HP Envy TS Sleekbook.  Hopefully HP will issue update/patch soon.

HP Recommended

Not fixed!  :<

4440s laptop windows 10 creator, tried all solutions above, nothing works.  Get the same error as was posted before.

Wondering if HP will bother to release an update?

"The driver for this device has been blocked from starting because it is known to have problems with Windows. Contact the hardware vendor for a new driver. (Code 48)

Click 'Check for solutions' to send data about this device to Microsoft and to see if there is a solution available."

HP Recommended

I didn't try the SP driver set from HP, but instead went directly to the Microsoft Update Catalog for MS approved/hosted drivers.

https://www.catalog.update.microsoft.com

I searched for "hp mobile data protection sensor" and sorted by date to get the latest set of drivers.  Should be dated 9/23/2016 version 6.0.19.1.  Download the .cab file and unzip that with something like 7zip (ignore any errors).  Go into Device Manager and manually update the driver (right click to upate drivers > let me pick from a list of available drivers on my computer > have disk > point to the accelerometer.inf file in the unzipped folder) and ignore any errors.  It'll need a reboot after.

On reboot, it might auto update to the previous driver (v5.x) with issues so make sure to go back to Device Manager and confirm it's the 6.0.19.1 version.  If not, right click on it > update driver > rollback and then you're set.

YMMV but it worked on my 8470w.

HP Recommended

Thank you very much. It worked on an Elitebook 2570p with 10-64-creator update.

HP Recommended

Good Deal!

Item I ran into was it would say on install there were missing file(s) but I wasn't using any extra program, just the windows extraction viewer.

There are 15 files, 3 sets of 5 and each set many of which have the same file names, but 2 sets of 5 need to go into their respective folders - x86 and amd64.

You can see the ones where they go if you use a zip program.

Since the default windows extraction didnt create the two needed folders, what I did was this-

Using the  windows folder viewing, you can see within the downloaded .cab the item under the header - PATH.

Be sure to under VIEW tab, to select Details to see this.

I created two folders with names, x86 and amd64 and moved the respective 5 files into each of those folders looking at the PATH header.

The remaining 5 are outside of those two - into the root of the folder that is.

HP Recommended

@Ronski1017 wrote:

Good Deal!

Item I ran into was it would say on install there were missing file(s) but I wasn't using any extra program, just the windows extraction viewer.

There are 15 files, 3 sets of 5 and each set many of which have the same file names, but 2 sets of 5 need to go into their respective folders - x86 and amd64.

You can see the ones where they go if you use a zip program.

Since the default windows extraction didnt create the two needed folders, what I did was this-

Using the  windows folder viewing, you can see within the downloaded .cab the item under the header - PATH.

Be sure to under VIEW tab, to select Details to see this.

I created two folders with names, x86 and amd64 and moved the respective 5 files into each of those folders looking at the PATH header.

The remaining 5 are outside of those two - into the root of the folder that is.

Yeah it looks like the built in uncompressor didn't keep the file/folder structure.  If anyone wants to avoid the issues, use something like 7zip.  When you extract the .cab file, folder structure is kept so there shouldn't be any problems.

† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.