Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
We have new content about Hotkey issue, Click here to check it out!
Check out our WINDOWS 11 Support Center info about: OPTIMIZATION, KNOWN ISSUES, FAQs, VIDEOS AND MORE.
HP Recommended
Omen by HP - 15dc0051nr
Microsoft Windows 10 (64-bit)

HP Omen Control Center stopped working, presumably due to Windows 10 update.  Reinstalling the HP OMEN Control Software per HP instructions did not fix the problem.  Attempting to access the OMEN Control Center, by pressing the "OMEN" key on the keyboard, currently produces no OMEN Control Center, but instead a black window containing an animated, white, diamond-shaped icon and a running white text narrative suggestive of a game in progress (e.g., "opening lootbox," "picking up crowbar," "carrying but not complaining," etc.), which can be terminated only by using the Windows Task Manager.  How can I restore the OMEN Control Center?

11 REPLIES 11
HP Recommended

@KSQRD2

I reviewed your post and I understand that the Omen command center stopped working after a recent Windows update.

Don’t worry, I assure you I will try my best to get this sorted.

I recommend you uninstall the Omen command center from your computer and then download and install it from the below link.

https://ftp.hp.com/pub/softpaq/sp110001-110500/sp110380.exe

For the Omen key, download and install the HP system event utility from the below link and test.

https://ftp.hp.com/pub/softpaq/sp88001-88500/sp88257.exe

Let me know how it goes and you have a great day!

P.S: Welcome to the HP Support Community 😊

If you wish to show appreciation for my efforts, mark my post as Accept as Solution. Your feedback counts!

Cheers!

Stay Home – Stay Safe

The_Fossette
I am an HP Employee

HP Recommended

I did everything you suggested, but the problem remains unchanged.

The Omen Command Center did not appear in the list of programs to be uninstalled, so I just reinstalled it.  Both downloads and installs appeared work correctly.  However, starting the Omen Command Center, either via the Start Menu or by pressing the Omen button, brings up the same peculiar screen described previously, instead of the Command Center.  An error message also appears, stating "The execution unknown software exception (0xe0434352) occurred the application at location 0x00007FFFFBED3B2."

The peculiar screen implies that the Omen Command Center itself has become corrupted.  Is there a way we can reinstall it?

HP Recommended

@KSQRD2

I recommend you uninstall it and then download and install it from the Microsoft store and check whether the issue is resolved.

https://www.microsoft.com/en-us/p/omen-command-center/9nqdw009t0t5?activetab=pivot:overviewtab

If you wish to show appreciation for my efforts, mark my post as Accept as Solution. Your feedback counts!

Cheers!

Stay Home – Stay Safe

The_Fossette
I am an HP Employee

HP Recommended

I tried to do what you suggested, but found that the HP OMEN Command Center is not found at the MS Store!  All I could find there was something called the "OMEN Gaming Hub," which appears to be a successor to the OMEN Command Center.  So I downloaded and installed the OMEN Gaming Hub, launched it - and got exactly the same result as I reported previously when reinstalling the OMEN Command Center per your earlier instructions!  Instead of the Command Center, all I get is a white  animated diamond-shaped icon on a black background, with repeating comments below it in white text, just as before (except now the screen is identified as the OMEN Gaming Hub in white text at the upper left corner).  Examples of these texts include "Listening for footsteps," "Rectifying recoil," "Creating a new smurf," "Staking out territory," and "Smelting ore."  The OMEN Gaming Hub does not appear in the Windows "Uninstall or change a program" list, but it does appear in the Windows Start Menu APPS list.  So I uninstalled it from there; and now I'm back to ground zero.  I'm not a "gamer," but I'd like to regain access to the configuration and control functions of the OMEN Command Center.  Is there any way I can do this?

HP Recommended

@KSQRD2

I recommend you create a new user account on the computer following the steps in the below article and then install the Omen command center and check if it works on the new user account.

https://support.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/create-a-local-user-or-administrator-account-in-windows-...

Cheers!

Stay Home – Stay Safe

The_Fossette
I am an HP Employee

HP Recommended

Now I'm really getting frustrated!  I followed the instructions in the e-mail you sent me on 15 Dec 20; downloaded and ran the sp110380.exe program to install the Omen Command Center; and got exactly the same results as I reported previously (above).  [I notice that this program has the same filename as one I downloaded from a different site and ran previously, so I'm not surprised that I got the same results in both attempts.]

I then re-entered  this thread to report this latest failure - and discovered that your 15 Dec 20 posting (above) does not match the one described above that I received in your 15 Dec 20 e-mail!  So I went ahead and followed your latest instructions, setting up a new user account and attempting to install the Omen Command Center using that new user account.  And, again, I got exactly the same results as previous attempts (though I notice that the Omen Command Center does not appear in Apps in the Start Menu).

It has become clear that the problem does not lie in the Omen Command Center software itself, but instead must involve something in Windows10, and/or the Omen BIOS, that interfaces with the Omen Command Center software.  Perhaps a necessary DLL, driver, or other program got deleted or corrupted somewhere in a past update.  Or possibly something was  removed as a "Potentially Unwanted Program (PUP)" by AVG or AdwCleaner, tho when they reported any HP programs as PUP, I instructed them to exclude those from quarantine or deletion, and they did so.  Can you give me some idea of which such files might be responsible, and provide downloads of known good ones I could use to replace them?

The Omen Command Center does not appear in the Windows list of programs that can be deleted, so I can't delete any presently installed copy.  But here's a list of the HP programs that do appear in that list, so they are presumably currently installed, though their functionality is not known:

HP Audio Switch; HP Connection Optimizer; HP Documentation; HP JumpStart Apps; HP JumpStart Bridge; HP Support Assistant; HP Support Solutions Framework; and HP SmartDeviceAgentBase.

Do you see anything missing from this list that should be there to enable the Omen Command Center?  If so, please provide a download for the missing item(s).

In any case, please advise what I should do next...

HP Recommended

@KSQRD2

I recommend you follow the steps in the below article and perform a recovery on the computer.

https://support.hp.com/in-en/document/c06162205

Cheers!

Stay Home – Stay Safe

The_Fossette
I am an HP Employee

HP Recommended

I cannot do as you suggest!  I read the recovery article you recommended, and found that its recovery scheme would wipe out my entire system, including my multiple hard disc partitions and all installed application software, requiring me to repartition the disc and reinstall and reconfigure over 5GB of application software!  That would be a monumental task (taking about one man-month of effort), during which my computer would be unavailable for its regular use in running three small nonprofits from my home office!

We must therefore find some way to resolve the Omen Control Center problem without starting from scratch with an empty computer.  So please reread my latest enquiry (above), and tell me how this may be done. Could you provide downloads of relevant, known-good dlls, drivers, etc., to replace potentially corrupted ones?  And if the Omen BIOS might be affected, please tell me how to restore it.

If it is truly not possible to correct this problem without destroying and reconstructing the entire system, I can live without the Control Center, since everything else is working fine.  But in that case, could you at least tell me how I might change the keyboard lighting without using the Control Center?

HP Recommended

@KSQRD2

I recommend you contact support to further diagnose the issue.

Here is how you can get in touch with support.

1)Click on this link – www.hp.com/contacthp/

2)Select the product type.

3)Enter the serial number of your device or select let HP detect your product option.

4)Select the country from the drop-down.

5)You should see the HP phone support number or Chat option listed.

Cheers!

The_Fossette
I am an HP Employee

† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.