Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
We have new content about Hotkey issue, Click here to check it out!
Check out our WINDOWS 11 Support Center info about: OPTIMIZATION, KNOWN ISSUES, FAQs, VIDEOS AND MORE.
HP Recommended
HP OMEN X 2S 15-dg0014ni
Microsoft Windows 10 (64-bit)

Good day.

How do I type special characters such as ê / ë / ü etc. on the HP Omen X2S which does not have a mechanical numpad, but a digital touchscreen one on the secondary screen? Usually one would have used the Alt key together with a series of numbers on the numpad. But it doesn't seem to work with the digital numpad on the secondary screen. 
Thank you for your assistance. 

3 REPLIES 3
HP Recommended

Hi @MariusSwart

I read your post and i understand that like to type special characters on a secondary screen.

You can control the second screen using the F12 key and the four dedicated keys located directly above the touchpad on the right side of the keyboard.

location of the dedicated keys for controling the second screen, Virtual Numpad, On/Off, Brightness, and Switch.

• F12 key : Toggle the second screen touch function on or off. In some configurations, you must press Fn + F12. An amber LED glows when the touch function is disabled.

• Virtual Numpad : Enable or disable the numeric pad on the second screen.

• On/Off : Turn the second screen on or off.

• Brightness : Adjust the brightness level on the second screen.

• Screen Switch : Switch screen content between the primary screen and the second screen.

Hope this helps! Keep me posted. 

And, Welcome to the HP Support Community. 

Please click “Accept as Solution” if you feel my post solved your issue, it will help others find the solution.

Click the “Kudos, Thumbs Up" on the bottom right to say “Thanks” for helping

HP Recommended

Hi Jay_G24. Thank you for the response, however unfortunately it does not seem to be a solution. 
Even with the touch function toggled on, nothing happens if I attempt to create a special character by combining the Alt-key with a series of numbers.

I know I can use the Character Map accessory and copy and paste from there, but I would've prefered if I could still use the numpad shortcuts.

Thank you for your assistance. 

HP Recommended

Try changing the keyboard language

refer to -https://support.hp.com/in-en/document/c04270447

Let me know!

† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.