cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents and videos on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents and videos on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Check out our WINDOWS 11 Support Center info about: OPTIMIZATION, KNOWN ISSUES, FAQs, VIDEOS AND MORE.
CharlestheBold
1 0 0 0
Message 1 of 2
Flag Post

HP Pavilion G6 notebook need to find USB Controller/Driver (Win 7)

HP Recommended
Example: Pavilion G6 1325sa
Microsoft Windows 7 (64-bit)

Hi there

My USB ports were not working so I uninstalled the USB Controller/Drivers, I now need to reinstall them?

Could someone please advise where I can download the latest drivers? (I cannot seem to locate them on the list when entering my product in the support centre)

Thank you and much appreciated

1 REPLY 1
Paul_Tikkanen
Level 21
Level 21
142,364 65,928 22,287 34,266
Message 2 of 2
Flag Post
HP Recommended

Hi:

Windows 7 has the USB controller drivers included in the software.

You will not find any USB 2 controller drivers.  They do not exist as standalone drivers.

The only suggestion I can offer would be to reinstall the AMD chipset driver and hope that reinstalls the USB 2 drivers.

Select the W7 x64 driver from the link below, install and restart the PC.

870 Drivers & Support | AMD

Was this reply helpful? Yes No
Warning Be alert for scammers posting fake support phone numbers and/or email addresses on the community. If you think you have received a fake HP Support message, please report it to us by clicking on "Flag Post".
† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the Terms of Use and Rules of Participation