Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
We have new content about Hotkey issue, Click here to check it out!
Check out our WINDOWS 11 Support Center info about: OPTIMIZATION, KNOWN ISSUES, FAQs, VIDEOS AND MORE.
HP Recommended
HP Pavilion g7-2247us Notebook
Microsoft Windows 8 (64-bit)

I've been trying to update my graphics drivers (Intel HD Graphics 4000, dated 9/26/2012), both with automatic programs like the Intel updater and manually from Intel and HP (though HP doesn’t seem to have anything newer than what I have). The drivers available from Intel are dated as recent as May 2016, but whenever I try to update or install the I get the error message "The driver being installed is not validated for this computer.  Please obtain the appropriate driver from the computer manufacturer. "

Is there anyway to install a driver that has been updated in the last few years on this machine? I've been having problems running some newer games and am trying to avoid springing for a new computer.

HP Pavilion g7-2247us Notebook

Windows 8 x64

Intel Core i3-3110M CPU @ 2.40GHz 2.40 GHz

Chipset: Intel HD 4000

Driver version 9.17.10.2867

Driver Date 09/26/2012

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
HP Recommended

Actually, I was able to find a post on Steam forums that helped me bypass the manufacturer restrictions for  HP graphics drivers. Thanks anyways though!

Found solution at:

https://steamcommunity.com/app/233250/discussions/2/558749190911446231/

View solution in original post

2 REPLIES 2
HP Recommended

Hi @Joe-B_,

Thank you for joining the HP Forums! 

I noticed your post on how you are trying to update the graphics drivers for your HP Pavillion g7 Notebook. I am happy to help you with this issue! 

Are you using a 32-bit or 64-bit Operating System? Is the Windows Version on My Computer 32-bit or 64-bit? perhaps you got the wrong version of the driver downloaded for your computer. 

Another option is to try compatibility mode. Make older programs compatible with this version of Windows

If this helps, please consider clicking on 'accept as solution.' And, please click on the thumbs up icon. Both icons are below this post.

Hope this post is helpful! 🙂

RnRMusicMan
I work on behalf of HP

Please click “Accept as Solution ” if you feel my post solved your issue, it will help others find the solution.
Click the “Kudos Thumbs Up" to say “Thanks” for helping!

HP Recommended

Actually, I was able to find a post on Steam forums that helped me bypass the manufacturer restrictions for  HP graphics drivers. Thanks anyways though!

Found solution at:

https://steamcommunity.com/app/233250/discussions/2/558749190911446231/

† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.