Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
We have new content about Hotkey issue, Click here to check it out!
Check out our WINDOWS 11 Support Center info about: OPTIMIZATION, KNOWN ISSUES, FAQs, VIDEOS AND MORE.
HP Recommended

As per subject heading I am unable to use any of the touch controls to change volume, mute speaker etc. I have not been able to find a way to re-establish these functions. Does anyone have the answer?

Cheers

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
HP Recommended

@alwend

Hi,

Perform a Hard Reset:

1. Disconnect all peripheral devices and remove all USB devices and media cards.
2. Disconnect the AC power adapter, remove the battery, and then press and hold the power button for at least 1 minute.
3. Reconnect the AC power adapter (do not connect the battery), press the Power button and check is your problem solved or not.

** Say thanks by clicking the "Thumb up" icon below. **

** Make it easier for other people to find solutions, by marking my answer with "Accept as Solution" if it solves your issue. **

View solution in original post

22 REPLIES 22
HP Recommended

HI,

Take a look at the barcoded sticker on the bottom of your notebook. Post everything that is there except the serial number. 

I am a volunteer forum member, not an HP employee. If my suggestion solved your issue, don't forget to mark that post as the accepted solution. If you want to say thanks, click on the Yes button next to the "was this reply helpful?"

HP Recommended

Information from sticker on bottom of Laptop "Product WF606PA#ABG, Model dv6-2119TX

HP Recommended

HI,

What you need is to install the HP Quick Touch button software for a return of that functionality.  

32-bit Windows 7

64-bit Windows 7

Support pages for your model

Best regards,
erico

I am a volunteer forum member, not an HP employee. If my suggestion solved your issue, don't forget to mark that post as the accepted solution. If you want to say thanks, click on the Yes button next to the "was this reply helpful?"

HP Recommended

Hi Erico

Thank you for your efforts I have downloaded and intalled the service pack for the quick launch buttons. Unfortunately this has no bearing on the control functions in question My problem relates to the sliding volume touch control and touch control for muting the speaker plus another touch control for turning on/off the wireless/bluetooth function.These are located in a line to the right of the power on/ofbutton. In fact the keyboard does not have any quick launch functions associated with thekeyboard  function keys, as per the info given on the HP site.

Cheers

alwend

HP Recommended

Hi,

@alwend wrote:

Hi Erico

Thank you for your efforts I have downloaded and intalled the service pack for the quick launch buttons. Unfortunately this has no bearing on the control functions in question My problem relates to the sliding volume touch control and touch control for muting the speaker plus another touch control for turning on/off the wireless/bluetooth function.These are located in a line to the right of the power on/ofbutton. In fact the keyboard does not have any quick launch functions associated with thekeyboard  function keys, as per the info given on the HP site.

Cheers

alwend

Does pressing the bluetooth or wireless button have any effect?

Is this something that just happened recently?

Was the notebook inadvertently bumped by something heavy?

Do all of the hotkey functions still work? (esc+f1-f12)

I would suspect that a connection to the motherboard from that switch area has perhaps become loose or disconnected.  To investigate that,  removal of the keyboard would be required.  

Best regards,
erico

HP Recommended

@alwend

Hi,

Perform a Hard Reset:

1. Disconnect all peripheral devices and remove all USB devices and media cards.
2. Disconnect the AC power adapter, remove the battery, and then press and hold the power button for at least 1 minute.
3. Reconnect the AC power adapter (do not connect the battery), press the Power button and check is your problem solved or not.

** Say thanks by clicking the "Thumb up" icon below. **

** Make it easier for other people to find solutions, by marking my answer with "Accept as Solution" if it solves your issue. **
HP Recommended

Thank you Daniel the hard reset did the trick:smileyhappy:

HP Recommended

What is the function key for wirless on a hp pavillon dv6000

HP Recommended

I have a lesser but related problem. My sliding volume touch control and touch control for muting the speaker work fine, but I am no longer able to see the associated display (on the bottom of my screen) that used to show where the audio level is at.  It  displayed for 2 years up until a few months ago.

I have an hp dv-7 3060us entertainment notebook using Windows 7.

† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.