Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
We have new content about Hotkey issue, Click here to check it out!
Check out our WINDOWS 11 Support Center info about: OPTIMIZATION, KNOWN ISSUES, FAQs, VIDEOS AND MORE.
HP Recommended
HP ENVY x360 - 13-ag0015au
Microsoft Windows 10 (64-bit)

I had a forced Windows 10 update last week which end with my machine unusable. I was unable to uninstall the update and performed system restore. All updates have been completed however I'm unable to resolve "HP Pen Control is not compatible" error.

1 REPLY 1
HP Recommended

@Wrighdj 

Welcome to the HP Community Forum.

Two Pens found for this computer:

Accessories

1MR94AA

HP Pen

Accessories

2MY21AA

HP Tilt Pen

You do not need the application unless you have an HP Pen.

If you have the application installed, it is located in Settings > Apps > Apps and Features

It can be removed (uninstalled).

If you uninstall the app, Restart the computer and log in.

If you have an HP Pen...

If you want to reinstall the app because you have an HP Pen (1MR94AA), the HP Pen Control Application is available from the Windows Store.  Reminder:  Windows Store requires that you have signed into your Microsoft account and / or logged into your computer using your Microsoft account.

HP Pen Control Application

Device Home Page - References and Resources – Learn about your Device - Solve Problems

NOTE:  Content depends on device type and Operating System

Categories:  Alerts, Warranty Check, HP Drivers / Software and BIOS, How-to Videos, Bulletins/Notices, How-to Documents, Troubleshooting, User Guides / Manuals, Service and Maintenance Guide (Replacement Parts and Procedures), Product Information (Specifications), more

When the website support page opens, Select (as available) a Category > Topic > Subtopic

HP ENVY x360 - 13-ag0015au 

Thank you for participating in our HP Community.

We are a world community of volunteers dedicated to supporting HP technology

Click Thumbs Up on a post to thank the author.

Answered? Click "Accept as Solution" to help others find a solution.

Dragon-Fur

† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.