Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
We have new content about Hotkey issue, Click here to check it out!
Check out our WINDOWS 11 Support Center info about: OPTIMIZATION, KNOWN ISSUES, FAQs, VIDEOS AND MORE.
HP Recommended
HP Stream 11
Couple days ago laptop was working fine, went out for the day and when I came back my laptop screen was black but the power light was flashing, tried to turn it off by holding power button down but wouldn't turn off and still kept flashing.. Pressing keys doesn't help pressing the mouse pad doesn't help! Just can't get it to turn on!
8 REPLIES 8
HP Recommended

Hello @Julievk1967,

Welcome to the HP Forums, I hope you enjoy your experience! To help you get the most out of the HP Forums, I would like to direct your attention to the HP Forums Guide First Time Here? Learn How to Post and More.

I read your post about the notebook not starting, and wanted to assist you!

To start, can you provide me with the Product Number and Operating System of the notebook?  You can use the links below to help you with that information:
How Do I Find My Model Number or Product Number?
Which Windows operating system am I running?

In the meantime, please review the following documents, and let me know how it goes:

HP Notebook PCs - Computer Does Not Start and Emits an LED or Beep Code

HP Notebook PCs - Computer Does Not Start (Windows 10)

HP Notebook PCs - Computer Does Not Start (Windows 😎

Please let me know if this information was helpful by clicking the thumbs up below.  If this post resolved your issue, then please click on Accept as Solution.

Regards!

SDF15
I work on behalf of HP

Please click “Accept as Solution ” on the post that solves your issue to help others find the solution.
Click the Thumbs Up to say “Thanks” for helping!
HP Recommended
I'm pretty sure it's a HP Stream 11-d000na 11.6 Inch and it was running Windows 8.1 as didn't get round to installing Windows 10! Thank you!
HP Recommended
I have managed to turn it off by holding the power button for about 20 seconds which does turn it off, however still does not power on properly even after being off for about 48 hours, light still just flashes and plain black screen, doesn't even make a noise like its trying to turn on
HP Recommended

Hello @Julievk1967,

Thank you for the quick reply!

Please review the following documents, as indicated in my previous post:

HP Notebook PCs - Computer Does Not Start and Emits an LED or Beep Code

HP Notebook PCs - Computer Does Not Start (Windows 😎

Let me know the results.

Regards!

SDF15
I work on behalf of HP

Please click “Accept as Solution ” on the post that solves your issue to help others find the solution.
Click the Thumbs Up to say “Thanks” for helping!
HP Recommended
My computer won't come on used it last night and went to turn it on today and the light just blinks when I push the power button
HP Recommended

I have the same issue. The power connector indicator on my HP Stream 11-d010wm flashes 3 times over and over, and will not turn on.  I see alot of other people with the same issue.

Is someone able to tell us what the 3 flashes mean instead of sending us links to troubleshoot it? 

The troubleshooting on our part is finished, the unit will not turn on, and the power connector led blinks 3 times over & over. Please tell us what the 3 flashes mean, and if what to do to correct it.

The AC adapter works, and the battery fully charges (indicator turns white).

Thank You.

HP Recommended
My laptop screen just keeps flashing on and off
HP Recommended

Your link on the Windows 10 OS does not cover the Stream.  Not helpful.

† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.