Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
We have new content about Hotkey issue, Click here to check it out!
Check out our WINDOWS 11 Support Center info about: OPTIMIZATION, KNOWN ISSUES, FAQs, VIDEOS AND MORE.
HP Recommended
HP ENVY - 17t-ce100 CTO
Microsoft Windows 10 (64-bit)

The Softwares and Drivers Feature on HP Support Assistant App seems not to be working. It displays a Red Circle with a Diagonal Line that reads: "...Connecting to Server..." The other four circles are green with a white checkmark, before hitting next it says: Software and Drivers are Up to date. But it has several months that is not downloading the new software and drivers. Uninstalled and reinstalled the App HP Support Assistant, but still the same issue. Help!!

I am using :

HP ENVY - 17t-ce100 CTO

Operating system Windows 10 Pro 64-bit
Microprocessor Intel(R) Core(TM) i7-10510U CPU @ 1.80GHz
System memory 16 GB
Graphic device 1 Intel(R) UHD Graphics
Graphic device NVIDIA GeForce MX250

HP SUPPORT ASSIST  NOT CONNECTING TO HP SERVERHP SUPPORT ASSIST NOT CONNECTING TO HP SERVER

11 REPLIES 11
HP Recommended

Are you using any vpn software or extra firewall software? 

HP Recommended

Hello!!

I do have to install Cyber Ghost 7, but I really activate it. And I also have McAfee Live Safe since I bought this laptop in 2019. But programs (Cyber Ghost and Mcfee Real-Time Protection and Fire Wall) were deactivated every time I tried to update Programs and Driver through HP Support Assistant. The issue started with the last update of HP Support Assistant. All features of HP Support Assistant seem to work OK except HP Support Assistant, Run hardware diagnostics and Diagnose any printer issues. 

HP Recommended

You could download an older version of the software and uninstall the newer one(reboot after uninstall)  newer isn't always better.  It may try to force you to update it again but it could work for a while. 

HP Recommended

Tryed uninstalling the newest version and reinstalling the old one that came with the PC (from Software and Driver of HP Official Web HP ENVY - 17t-ce100 CTO Software and Driver Downloads | HP® Customer Support), but after trying to run it the old version, it kept the interface blank while requesting me to download and install the newest version again. 

HP Recommended

That's frustrating for you but good call.  Are you in the US or outside, if you are outside it may have something to do with it.

HP Recommended

I am in the US, NY. And I have spoken to a technician of HP ( I have a case open), for 5 days consecutive, and they seem not to have an idea of the App Issue:

Description

"...The Softwares and Drivers Feature on HP Support Assistant App seem not to be working. It displays a Red Circle with a Diagonal Line that reads: "...Connecting to Server..." The other four circles are green with a white checkmark, after hitting next it says: Software and Drivers are Up to date. But it has several months that is not downloading the new drivers. Uninstalled and reinstalled the App HP Support Assistant, but still the same issue. Help!!..."

The issue is in the App that is not connecting to the server. Also, some other features of the App are not working. I requested to escalate the case to a MasterTecnitian or the Develop Department of the App. I paid for an Extended Warranty for Three years when I bought this laptop, but Technical Support  (from Mexico) is awful.

Apparently, the Developers of the App are not taking care of it, many due to the Pandemy. I am thinking to report this issue to HP Headquarters, to raise a Red Flag, concerning t HP Support Assistant's bad performance.

HP Recommended

I'd agree with you. You have made all reasonable effort to resolve the issue yourself and then at lower levels. After all, this is why you pay support and it is unfair to force updates that then don't work.  Just more thoughts, is your time and date and region set correctly?

HP Recommended

Yes, they are.

.DATE_AND_TIME_CORRECT.PNG

HP Recommended

I would unintall cyberghost and reboot just for a trial.

You could set a static ip address and use google dns

These videos may help

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=9BD264pKWzc&t=1s

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=9BD264pKWzc&t=1s

This should ensure the traffic is routed ok.

† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.