Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
Any failures related to Hotkey UWP service? Click here for tips.
Check out our WINDOWS 11 Support Center info about: OPTIMIZATION, KNOWN ISSUES, FAQs, VIDEOS AND MORE.
HP Recommended
SimpleSave
Microsoft Windows 10 (64-bit)

Hi guys,

yesterday i found my old HP 1.5TB SimpleSave, perfectly working but i dunno why the HpLauncher.exe doesn't run.

Simply, with Windows 10 PRO x64, SimpleSave is recognized as Bitlocker unit

I tried on Windows XP PRO x86, Windows 7 PRO x64 and Windows 10 PRO x64, with USB 2.0 and 3.0

I tried to run it with compatibilies but nothing to do 😞

I searched deeply but i didn't find nothing, i really like to recover my old files

Thank you

8 REPLIES 8
HP Recommended

@Stiff91x

Thank you for posting on the HP Support Community.

The external hard drive you have is a Plug and play hard drive to which as long as the PC drivers are updated, there is no need for the separate drivers.

However, you must have gotten a disc for the Backup software which you may use anytime to back up the contents stored on the external hard drive.

Follow the steps in the below manual under section troubleshooting and check if it helps. Click here

For more details, please visit this link: Click here

You can alternatively, try this link https://support.wdc.com/downloads.aspx?lang=en (Please select the product) and then download the software.

Hope this helps! Keep me posted for further assistance.
Please click “
Accept as Solution” if you feel my post solved your issue, it will help others find the solution.

ECHO_LAKE
I am an HP Employee

HP Recommended

Thank you for your answer

Yes, is plug and play, my PCs recognized two partition: one with the software (HpLauncher.exe) and one bitlocker (that i have to open with HpLauncher.exe)

but HpLauncher.exe doesn't open! neither in Win10, 8, 7 and XP... fff...

my product in this link:  https://support.wdc.com/downloads.aspx?lang=en doesn't compare but later i will try with WD backup windows software but i think nothing will be resolved

Thanks

HP Recommended

@Stiff91x

Thank you for posting back. 

Work on it as per your convenience and keep me posted on the results.  

If the issue persists, I would request you to contact our Support and our Support Engineers should be able to Remote into your computer and sort this out. HP Support can be reached by clicking on the following link: www.hp.com/contacthp/

ECHO_LAKE
I am an HP Employee

HP Recommended

Yes, unfortunately the problem persists :(...

But i don't find my product on the contact form because it has more than 10 years age

HP Recommended

@Stiff91x

This product reached the end of support life and there are no hardware or software drivers available for this product. 

ECHO_LAKE
I am an HP Employee

HP Recommended

So this is the story:

"i have an HP backup product that apparently work, no hardware error... i've use it for like 6-7years to store my data and BOOOM once upon a time, HpLauncher.exe stop work due to planned obsolescence my product has reached the end of support life (a backup product!!!) and my data is lost forever"

Thanks HP -_-, really bad

HP Recommended

@Stiff91x

I would request you to reach out to our HP Smart Friend Support and our Support Engineers should be able to sort this out. HP Smart Friend Support can be reached by clicking on the following link: www.hp.com/contacthp/

And, also you can perform system factory recovery which put your computer back to factory original state 

Please feel free to contact us here anytime you need any further assistance. Please click “Accept as Solution” if you feel my post solved your issue, it will help others find the solution.

ECHO_LAKE
I am an HP Employee

HP Recommended

Unfortunately i tried with Win XP, Win 7, Win Vista, Win 8 and Win 10 in factory reset state but nothing to do, the real issue is the program inside, HpLauncher.exe that doesn't run in anyway 😞

Ok, i try Hp Smart Friend

† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.