Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
We have new content about Hotkey issue, Click here to check it out!
Check out our WINDOWS 11 Support Center info about: OPTIMIZATION, KNOWN ISSUES, FAQs, VIDEOS AND MORE.
HP Recommended
Spectre x360 Convertible
Microsoft Windows 10 (64-bit)

I have tried all suggestions in this post by an HP employee:

https://h30434.www3.hp.com/t5/Notebook-Software-and-How-To-Questions/HP-Spectre-turning-on-with-lid-...

However, 5 years later and the problems remains... when I close the lid, I can peek in at the keyboard... the backlights turn off for 1-2 seconds, then back on, then the fan starts running... does this while connected to power and on battery.

I have set options for the network adapters as directed, updated all drivers using the support assistant, changed power options for "When closing the lid"... tried sleep, hibernate, etc.... but NOTHING works!

Very annoying to have to shut down all programs and power off the machine each time I want to have it closed for a while on battery... otherwise with it running ALL THE TIME, the battery is dead whenever I open it back up a few hours later!!  Yes, it could be a software application, but HP should be able to override any 3rd party applications, or at least tell me which application is causing the problem (if that is, in fact the case)!

1 REPLY 1
HP Recommended

@patrick19701 wrote:

..... does this while connected to power and on power options for "When closing the lid"... tried sleep, hibernate, etc.... but NOTHING works!

@patrick19701 

Please try "do nothing" and use external screen as MAIN. This will allow you to get back yo normal when disconnect to external monitor.

I use that for all notebooks for the last 20 years or so.

Regards

BH
**Click the KUDOS thumb up on the left to say 'Thanks'**
Make it easier for other people to find solutions by marking a Reply 'Accept as Solution' if it solves your problem.

† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.