Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
We have new content about Hotkey issue, Click here to check it out!
Check out our WINDOWS 11 Support Center info about: OPTIMIZATION, KNOWN ISSUES, FAQs, VIDEOS AND MORE.
HP Recommended
HP Spectre x360 - 15-df1033dx
Microsoft Windows 10 (64-bit)

I actually have Win10 but HP didn't have that as an option for posting, only Win11, not sure why.  Had to wipe and reload my HP laptop.  Many issues and couldn't even do a normal Win 10 reload/repair or USB recovery.   Anyway, wiped and reloaded and loaded some of the drivers but some of the drivers/software are not a match.  This is my version 19042.1706 and those versions aren't available but I have tried all 3 sets of drivers for my laptop.  Reg Win10 os with no version, Win 10 1903 and 1909.  No PCI drivers and my function keys on my laptop won't work either.  NVIDIA drivers are no good either and I have tried every single available driver.

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
HP Recommended

You're very welcome.

Yes, I was not happy that the cloud recovery tool didn't work for you.

There are too many instances where it does not. 

It's even happened to me with the cloud recovery tool, and the recovery media from HP.

All I can say is thank goodness we can clean install Windows, or we would have expensive paperweights.

OK...these should be the drivers you need...

PCI Data Acquistion and Signal Processing Controller & PCI Device:  Install this driver first and restart the PC.

It is going to install a dummy driver for the PCI Device to make the device not need a driver as indicated by the setup information file...

%PCI\VEN_8086&DEV_02A4Desc%=Needs_NO_DRV,PCI\VEN_8086&DEV_02A4

Intel Chipset Device Software

https://ftp.hp.com/pub/softpaq/sp112001-112500/sp112038.exe 

PCI Serial Port:

Intel Sensor Hub Components Driver

https://ftp.hp.com/pub/softpaq/sp110501-111000/sp110899.exe 

View solution in original post

8 REPLIES 8
HP Recommended

Hi:

I looked up the product number for your notebook, and it is supported by the HP cloud recovery tool.

Paul_Tikkanen_0-1653663390679.png

I recommend you use the cloud recovery tool to create a bootable USB recovery drive that will reinstall W10, the drivers and the software that originally came with your notebook.

Here is an info link for how to use that utility...you will need a 32 GB USB flash drive for this.

HP Consumer PCs - Using the HP Cloud Recovery Tool in Windows 11 and 10 | HP® Customer Support

HP Recommended

I've started the steps and creating the bootable now.  If this works, I really appreciate it.  I will update later.

HP Recommended

The creating of the drive was successful and my laptop boots to it but it asks for a supplemental drive after wiping, creating partition etc, if not , to remove external drives and hit skip. I take those steps and it comes up with an error message 0xc0000034 installation error. I did it again but left the drive in on reboot but just restarts the process.

HP Recommended

Sorry, that didn't work for you.

Unfortunately, I have no idea how to fix any problems encountered with the HP cloud recovery tool.

I guess you will have to resort to clean installing W10.

If you give me a list of the devices you can't find the drivers for, and their hardware ID's I'll see what I can do to help you get the drivers installed.  It may take some work, but hopefully things will work out OK in the end.

Use this guide for how to find the hardware ID for a device...

tom cruise movies - Search (bing.com)

The problem we normally encounter when trying to run the older driver files on a newer build of W10 is getting an 'operating system not supported' error.

There is a way to normally get around that issue.

HP Recommended

Thanks for all your help.  I just reloaded my OS with all the functional drivers.  Most of the HP driver support available to my specific laptop failed/didn't work but fortunately, Windows Updates and CCleaner took care of majority of my drivers support/updates.  The only remaining items with no driver support after Updates did most of the driver updates...

PCI Data Acquistion and Signal Processing Controller

-PCI\VEN_8086&DEV_02F9&SUBSYS_863F103C&REV_00

-PCI\VEN_8086&DEV_02F9&SUBSYS_863F103C

-PCI\VEN_8086&DEV_02F9&CC_118000

-PCI\VEN_8086&DEV_02F9&CC_1180

PCI Device  

- PCI\VEN_8086&DEV_02A4&SUBSYS_863F103C&REV_00
PCI\VEN_8086&DEV_02A4&SUBSYS_863F103C
PCI\VEN_8086&DEV_02A4&CC_0C8000
PCI\VEN_8086&DEV_02A4&CC_0C80

PCI Serial Port.

- PCI\VEN_8086&DEV_02FC&SUBSYS_863F103C&REV_00
PCI\VEN_8086&DEV_02FC&SUBSYS_863F103C
PCI\VEN_8086&DEV_02FC&CC_070000
PCI\VEN_8086&DEV_02FC&CC_0700

That aside, the HP site in regard to this laptop for both Cloud support and manually downloading supposed supported drivers for this OS/device were worthless.

I am appreciative of your assistance.

HP Recommended

You're very welcome.

Yes, I was not happy that the cloud recovery tool didn't work for you.

There are too many instances where it does not. 

It's even happened to me with the cloud recovery tool, and the recovery media from HP.

All I can say is thank goodness we can clean install Windows, or we would have expensive paperweights.

OK...these should be the drivers you need...

PCI Data Acquistion and Signal Processing Controller & PCI Device:  Install this driver first and restart the PC.

It is going to install a dummy driver for the PCI Device to make the device not need a driver as indicated by the setup information file...

%PCI\VEN_8086&DEV_02A4Desc%=Needs_NO_DRV,PCI\VEN_8086&DEV_02A4

Intel Chipset Device Software

https://ftp.hp.com/pub/softpaq/sp112001-112500/sp112038.exe 

PCI Serial Port:

Intel Sensor Hub Components Driver

https://ftp.hp.com/pub/softpaq/sp110501-111000/sp110899.exe 

HP Recommended

Those drivers worked.  Now I think I am up to speed.  I will now try and create a bootable recovery drive.  I appreciate all your help!

HP Recommended

Anytime.

Glad to have been of assistance.

What you can do is to use the free Macrium reflect software to create a system image of your current drive configuration.

Macrium Software | Reflect Free Edition

You want the software on the left side of the page under the Backup at Home section.

You store the system image on a portable hard drive and the software will have you create a rescue USB flash drive you can boot from to access the system image stored on your portable hard drive.

What is nice about this is you can update the system image any time you feel the need.

† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.