Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
Any failures related to Hotkey UWP service? Click here for tips.
Check out our WINDOWS 11 Support Center info about: OPTIMIZATION, KNOWN ISSUES, FAQs, VIDEOS AND MORE.
HP Recommended
HP Notebook - 17-by0068cl
Other

In my HP Support Assist, I have updates that is showing updates for my notebook, do I need to do these? 

1 REPLY 1
HP Recommended

@MEJM,

In my opinion, I would do the recommended updates now, make sure you have all the drivers you want, and then uninstall HP Support Assist.

If you run into any problems, just download HP Support Assist again, run it for updates and remove it again after it fixes the problem.

You don't need driver updates that often, really. You would only update drivers if your notebook is brand new and might have improvements trickling in over the next couple of months, or if you have a problem.  Rest of the time, well, it sort of acts like bloatware.

Kind Regards,

NonSequitur777

† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.