Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
We have new content about Hotkey issue, Click here to check it out!
Check out our WINDOWS 11 Support Center info about: OPTIMIZATION, KNOWN ISSUES, FAQs, VIDEOS AND MORE.
HP Recommended
HP 15.6 inch Laptop PC 15-e2000 (2J4W0AV)
Microsoft Windows 11

To this day, 3 Nov 2022, I keep getting this error message from the HP Support Assistant that "HP Support Assistant - Application enabling services are currently unavailable". I have on multiple occassions had to uninstall and reinstall the app, that does not seem able to remain stable. I ensure that the Services are running and are set to Automatic but HSP keeps failing.

A giant pain to have to uninstall and reinstall this everytime it fails. Is there no fix?

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
HP Recommended

I am experiencing the same issue where I must continually uninstall and reinstall HPSA for it work.  The problem that they fail to mention with the previously provided solution (HP Notebook and Desktop PCs - Error 'Application Enabling Services Currently Unavailable' Appears Wh...) is that that the Microsoft Store detects that HPSA is an older version and automatically updates it to the latest HPSA Universal Windows Platform (UWP) version.

Unfortunately, there is no way to prevent this update for a single app within the Microsoft Store app.

"Mans" provided a proposed solution (HP Support Assistant - Application enabling services are cur... - HP Support Community - 8310286) where it appears that HPSA is going to work; however, clicking on "Updates" results in:

Restart your computer
A restart is required to complete updates. Shutting down alone will not implement updates. Some HP Support Assistant features cannot be accessed until updates are completed.

...and you are right back to the original issue.

Hopefully in the new year (2023), someone from HP will fix this issue with the HPSA UWP version.

View solution in original post

3 REPLIES 3
HP Recommended

Hi @Retiredmseop,

Welcome to the HP Support Community

I understand you are facing an issue using HP Support Assistant. Not to worry I will help you to get a resolution to resolve the issue.

Please follow the steps mentioned in this document: HP Notebook and Desktop PCs - Error 'Application Enabling Services Currently Unavailable' Appears Wh...

Hope this helps! Keep me posted. 

Please click “Accepted Solution” if you feel my post solved your issue, it will help others find the solution. Click the “Kudos/Thumbs Up" on the bottom right to say “Thanks” for helping!

ANAND_ANDY
I am an HP Employee

HP Recommended

Well it is Dec 13, 2022 and the HP Support Assistant, "Application enabling services currently unavailable"  is here again, just in time for Christmas. Is there no fix that works? Not sure if it is the Windows Updates that kill the program somehow but I am fed up with having to uninstall and reinstall over and over again. 

HP Recommended

I am experiencing the same issue where I must continually uninstall and reinstall HPSA for it work.  The problem that they fail to mention with the previously provided solution (HP Notebook and Desktop PCs - Error 'Application Enabling Services Currently Unavailable' Appears Wh...) is that that the Microsoft Store detects that HPSA is an older version and automatically updates it to the latest HPSA Universal Windows Platform (UWP) version.

Unfortunately, there is no way to prevent this update for a single app within the Microsoft Store app.

"Mans" provided a proposed solution (HP Support Assistant - Application enabling services are cur... - HP Support Community - 8310286) where it appears that HPSA is going to work; however, clicking on "Updates" results in:

Restart your computer
A restart is required to complete updates. Shutting down alone will not implement updates. Some HP Support Assistant features cannot be accessed until updates are completed.

...and you are right back to the original issue.

Hopefully in the new year (2023), someone from HP will fix this issue with the HPSA UWP version.

† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.