Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
We have new content about Hotkey issue, Click here to check it out!
Check out our WINDOWS 11 Support Center info about: OPTIMIZATION, KNOWN ISSUES, FAQs, VIDEOS AND MORE.
HP Recommended
Microsoft Windows 11

I can't install HP Support Assistant - it gets stuck in "completing the installation".  Recently installed win11. 

6 REPLIES 6
HP Recommended

Hi, @luvl42 did you have any issue installing HP Support Assistant on your previous operating system before you upgraded to Windows 11?

HP Recommended

Thanks for replying. It was already installed.  After I upgraded to Win11, it wanted an update. It Uninstalled it and now it won't install. 

HP Recommended

On the previous windows, you used before the upgrade to Windows 11, was the HP Support Assistant working on it?

HP Recommended

Yes

HP Recommended

Okay, it makes sense now. The issue may be coming from the Windows 11 Operating System. Windows 11 is still in early development so most drivers, software, and even hardware are not supported at the moment. I observed that we should hold on before upgrading to Windows 11 at least until the developers have sorted things out.

The best choice right now should be to roll back to Windows 10 and see if it fixes the problem.

HP Recommended

Thanks. I thought about that. But always dread it. I will try.

† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.