Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
We have new content about Hotkey issue, Click here to check it out!
Check out our WINDOWS 11 Support Center info about: OPTIMIZATION, KNOWN ISSUES, FAQs, VIDEOS AND MORE.
HP Recommended
HP Laptop PC 15-dy2000 (2D115AV)
Microsoft Windows 11

Brand new laptop.  All Windows updates installed.

HP Support Assistant consistently generates these errors. HP chat support unable to identify problem, or otherwise help. 

Very frustrated with the complete lack of knowledgeable support at  HP.
optimize.png

I tried this fix, and it did not help:
Fix Error Code 0x8007007E on Windows 11/10 - Update, Outlook or Printer (thewindowsclub.com)

Any ideas?????? 

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
HP Recommended

@Bear2000 

If you have not done so,

Try / Consider

Uninstall the HP Support Assistant application from Settings > Apps > Apps and Features

Restart the computer and sign in

Download and install a fresh copy of the application

Download, Save, Install the latest supported HP version of the HP Support Assistant

Website / Information / Video / White Paper / Download

HP Support Assistant

Technical white paper - HP Support Assistant 9.0

==========================================================

OR

Consider

Do not use the HPSA for this purpose.

What? 

• Clearing Web browser cache / cookie / history data can be done within each browser.
  • Completing the task in the browser is less likely to result in spurious errors
  • Clearing the browser data from within the browser might be safer since you can control particular actions you select and run.
  • If, during a manual cleaning of the browser data, you will run into problems, see that browser's support.

Thank you for participating in the HP Community.

Our Community is comprised of volunteers - people who own and use HP devices.

Click Helpful = Yes to say Thank You

Question / Concern Answered, Click "Accept as Solution"

Dragon-Fur

View solution in original post

4 REPLIES 4
HP Recommended

@Bear2000 

If you have not done so,

Try / Consider

Uninstall the HP Support Assistant application from Settings > Apps > Apps and Features

Restart the computer and sign in

Download and install a fresh copy of the application

Download, Save, Install the latest supported HP version of the HP Support Assistant

Website / Information / Video / White Paper / Download

HP Support Assistant

Technical white paper - HP Support Assistant 9.0

==========================================================

OR

Consider

Do not use the HPSA for this purpose.

What? 

• Clearing Web browser cache / cookie / history data can be done within each browser.
  • Completing the task in the browser is less likely to result in spurious errors
  • Clearing the browser data from within the browser might be safer since you can control particular actions you select and run.
  • If, during a manual cleaning of the browser data, you will run into problems, see that browser's support.

Dragon-Fur

HP Recommended

I uninstalled the hp support assistant, (as you suggested), rebooted the laptop, re-downloaded the hp support assistant, and reinstalled it.  I ran the system optimize, and the errors are gone!  THANK YOU.

Yes, I usually dump the browser caches etc. manually from within my browser, but I am in the middle of downloading all the windows updates, my programs, etc, onto this brand new laptop, and I wanted to run hp's cleaning utility before I went back to installing the rest of my programs

(I will add that the hp support assistant was also generating those same errors without asking it to clean the browsers)

Once again, thank you for your assistance. 

HP Recommended

@Bear2000 

You are welcome.

The other updates might have trigged the issue though I suspect the HPSA just needed to be updated or reinstalled.

The "application" version of the HPSA is generally stable - and it should update itself with the other Windows apps.

That said, things don't always go to plan.

Dragon-Fur

HP Recommended

Yes, it is entirely possible that HP Support Assistant somehow became corrupted when I was installing so many "Windows Update" updates.  There were something close to 40 updates to Windows 11 to be installed.  It is sort of a miracle that more programs did not become corrupted from this process.

† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.