Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
We have new content about Hotkey issue, Click here to check it out!
Check out our WINDOWS 11 Support Center info about: OPTIMIZATION, KNOWN ISSUES, FAQs, VIDEOS AND MORE.
HP Recommended
Pavilion 14-ce0xxx
Microsoft Windows 10 (64-bit)

HP Support Assistant no longer logs in to may HP account and will not complete searches for updates

There are no issues with my account and I am able to login online and using other services.

When attempting to sign in I receive the following message: "Login failed. Wrong user ID or password or the service is note available."

When attempting to search for updates it completes the first item, "Connecting to HP servers", but then fails on all subsequent items.

The software is also forgetting my preferences and provides a pop-up every time I open it requesting me to choose my update and notification preferences.

The software was working fine until a few weeks ago. 

I have already tried:

- Uninstalling and reinstalling the software.

- Restoring my PC to an earlier point. And in combination with reinstalling the software.

- Ensured all latest Windows Updates are installed.

Any help resolving this issue would be greatly appreciated.

6 REPLIES 6
HP Recommended

@rpik91 I suggest you uninstall the HP Support Assistant, then, restart the device and create a new user account on windows, only to check if you can install the HPSA on the new account and if it works, that way, we could confirm if this is either an issue with the software or if there's a conflict in your system account profile:

click here for steps on creating a new account

P.S: Welcome to HP Community 😉

Keep us posted,

If you would like to thank us for our efforts to help you, 

Give us a virtual high-five by clicking the 'Thumbs Up' icon below, followed by clicking on the "Accept as solution" on this post, 

Have a great day!

Riddle_Decipher
I am an HP Employee

HP Recommended

Creating a new account did not solve the issue. Can I not reset the account profile in my system (manually if necessary) to remove any conflict if that is the issue?

I have no issue logging in to the profile online.

HP Recommended

rpik91@ Welcome to the HP Support Community. I'd be happy to assist you with the  

Request you to follow the below troubleshooting steps and the Link below install HP Support Assistant.

1) In the search box, type and open "Apps & Features".  

2) Look for HP Support Assistant.  

3) Click on it to uninstall.  

4) Restart the computer.  

5) Install the HP Support Assistant from this link - https://www8.hp.com/in/en/campaigns/hpsupportassistant/hpsupport.html 

Hope this helps! Keep me posted.  

Please click “Accept as Solution” if you feel my post solved your issue, it will help others find the solution. 

Click the “Kudos, Thumbs Up" on the bottom right to say “Thanks” for helping! 

Have a great day!  

HP Recommended

Hi@rpik91@, I have posted a possible solution to the issue that you are facing with your HP Product, let me know once you have tried the steps and if it worked for you.

I did not hear back from you yet. Please let me know whether your issue is resolved or you need additional help. 

Cheers 🙂 

Please click “Accept as Solution” on my Public post if the issue is resolved, it will help others find the solution. Click the “Kudos/Thumbs Up" on the bottom right to say “Thanks” for helping!

We haven’t heard from you in a while,

This post is with reference to the thread you had created at your friendly neighborhood HP Forums. I would like to know if the resolution provided worked for you.

Keep me posted. Happy to help!

HP Recommended

As per my original post I have already tried uninstalling and reinstalling, and in combination with restarting my laptop. I tried again just incase the software has changed but I am still experiencing the same issues.

As the support assistant software will not function is there a way to download software and operating updates manually from a website?

HP Recommended

Hi @rpik91

Welcome to the HP Support Community.  

, I'd suggest you Contact HP in your region regarding the service options for your computer. 

If you are having trouble navigating through the above options, it's most likely because the device is out of warranty. If yes? please send me a private message with the region you are contacting us from. Check next to your profile Name, you should see a little blue envelope, please click on it.   

Have a great day!  

Please click “Accept as Solution” if you feel my post solved your issue, it will help others find the solution. 

Click the “Kudos, Thumbs Up" on the bottom right to say “Thanks” for helping! 

† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.