Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
We have new content about Hotkey issue, Click here to check it out!
Check out our WINDOWS 11 Support Center info about: OPTIMIZATION, KNOWN ISSUES, FAQs, VIDEOS AND MORE.
HP Recommended
Spectre Laptop, Envy Desktop
Microsoft Windows 10 (64-bit)

I have an HP desktop and an HP laptop.  The HP Support Assistant on my desktop says my laptop has multiple updates and hasn't been updated since April, and vice versa.  My laptop says my desktop has multiple updates and hasn't been updated since April.  These are both incorrect.  Both computers have been fully updated.  I have no idea how to correct this and the red exclamation point on the icon in my system tray is annoying me.  I've tried uninstalling and reinstalling the Support Assistant on both computers but it didn't fix the problem.  Any suggestions would be appreciated.

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
HP Recommended

@Vandit463 Seems like a software glitch, I suggest you remove the HP Support Assistant and use the HP website for updates, directly!

or, if you use other features of the HP Support Assistant, Ignore the update notifications from it, and only use it for other features, but for updates go to the HP website and download them, instead, let me know if that works for you!

Riddle_Decipher
I am an HP Employee

View solution in original post

7 REPLIES 7
HP Recommended

@Vandit463 Did you know that HPSA redirects application updates based on model-series and is not specific to your computer? Which means sometimes due to a glitch it may show updates that are already installed as available, it's best to ignore the application and focus on the HP website in such scenarios.

(Basically, the application gets updates based on the entire series, is not specific to your serial number, hence there are certain updates that can be skipped)

Although, if your applications aren't working and the updates are necessary, make sure you download the latest version available for HPSA from the Official HPSA website.

If yes, please follow the below steps to ensure the options are not set to Never :

1. Open HP Support Assistant and click the Settings button.
  2. On the Health Analysis tab, select "Every day or week" from the Frequency drop-down list, and then click Save.
  3. Click the Tune up tab, select the "your preference" from the Frequency drop-down list, and then click Save.
  4. Restart the computer and try again.

for more details, click here

P.S: Welcome to HP Community 😉

Do get back to me as I have a few more tricks up my sleeve, 

That said, If I have helped you resolve the issue, 

feel free to give me a virtual high-five by clicking the 'Thumbs Up' icon 

followed by clicking on 'Accepted as Solution' 

And Have a great day Ahead!

Riddle_Decipher
I am an HP Employee

HP Recommended

Unfortunately I am still having this problem.  Thank you.

HP Recommended

@Vandit463 What do you see when you go to the HP website, and check individual products?

Please click here to access the same and let me know how that pans out.

Riddle_Decipher
I am an HP Employee

HP Recommended

On each computer, the updates for that computer are current.  But the Support Assistant shows updates are available for the other other computer when there are not.  The Support Assistant on my desktop PC says there are updates available on my laptop and vice versa.  If I click on my laptop icon in the Support Assistant while using my desktop PC it says the last check for updates was in April, and vice versa, but that is not correct.  Both computers have all the current updates.

HP Recommended

@Vandit463 Seems like a software glitch, I suggest you remove the HP Support Assistant and use the HP website for updates, directly!

or, if you use other features of the HP Support Assistant, Ignore the update notifications from it, and only use it for other features, but for updates go to the HP website and download them, instead, let me know if that works for you!

Riddle_Decipher
I am an HP Employee

HP Recommended

That works.  I was hoping a Support Assistant version update would resolve the problem but it's been several months with a few updates to the software with no changes.  This seems to have been an issue between the two computers ever since I added an HP printer to my machine list.

HP Recommended

@Vandit463 I'm glad that works for you, as honestly I was running out of options 😛 (This issue has been reported to the concerned team, however, we don't know when the next software update/patch will be released) That said, if you need anything else, feel free to write to us any time and have an awesome day ahead.

If you wish to thank me for my efforts, you could click on "Accept as solution" on my post as the solution should help others too.

Riddle_Decipher
I am an HP Employee

† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.