Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
We have new content about Hotkey issue, Click here to check it out!
Check out our WINDOWS 11 Support Center info about: OPTIMIZATION, KNOWN ISSUES, FAQs, VIDEOS AND MORE.
HP Recommended
Envy DV7 7200
Microsoft Windows 10 (64-bit)

Good morning. I should uninstall HP Support Assistant because it does not work after upgrading to Windows 10. Only the uninstallation is not successful because I no longer have the old .msi. So I would need all versions of the HP Support Assistant setups before 2016 to be able to remove and install the latest one. Thank you

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
HP Recommended

Hi , yesterday i have resolved finally! :generic:

Your suggest was very useful but in my environment no. I have tried it in the last days with RevoUninstaller... without results . :HalfEyes:

This is my solution: i have restored the original version of HP Support Assistant with HP Recovery, i made the upgrade at the last version and fortunately now all it's ok!  :Wink:

Thanks for your support!

Best regards!

View solution in original post

13 REPLIES 13
HP Recommended

Hi @Gaet84,

Thank you for posting on HP Forums,

Flower_Bud is at your service.

As I understand, you're unable to uninstall HP Support Assistant 

No worries, as I'll be glad to help you,

You could uninstall HP Support Assistant, using Revo Uninstaller. 

Reinstall HP Support Assistant from here: Click here 

Keep me posted,

Have a great day 🙂

Cheers!

HP Recommended

Hi , yesterday i have resolved finally! :generic:

Your suggest was very useful but in my environment no. I have tried it in the last days with RevoUninstaller... without results . :HalfEyes:

This is my solution: i have restored the original version of HP Support Assistant with HP Recovery, i made the upgrade at the last version and fortunately now all it's ok!  :Wink:

Thanks for your support!

Best regards!

HP Recommended

@Gaet84,

Thank you for the update,

I appreciate your time and efforts,

I'm glad you found the solution for this concern.

You've been great to work with and it has been a genuine pleasure interacting with you.

I hope both you and your product works great and remain healthy for a long time 😉

Take care now and do have a fabulous week ahead. 🙂

HP Recommended

I have the same problem.  Revo Uninstaller does not work and I also do not have the .msi file.  I do have a full set of recovery disks that I created when we purchased the Pavillion, but don't know how to selectively find and recover the necessary .msi files.  The Support Assistant currently loaded is version 7.4.45.4.

Thanks in advance for your help.

HP Recommended

@Larry1895

Welcome to the HP Support Community.

Let us know the model number of the Pavillion product and the Operating System installed on it.

Thanks 🙂

I am an HP Employee

HP Recommended

Hi Betty0610

The Pavilion is a 17-e020dx purchased in Sept 2013.  It's running Windows 10 recently updated to version 1903.  I couldn't determine from the extensive list  Revo Uninstaller produced what files might be necessary to the laptops general operation.  As I previously mentioned, I have a full save set on CD of initial system build, but don't know how to access it.

Thanks

HP Recommended

Since this PC was shipped with Windows 8, the recovery media you created wouldn't help us get the application recovery, perhaps, you could try using this link: https://support.hp.com/in-en/document/c04762483 to recover the original application, if this doesn't work, use this link for step by step instructions on uninstalling the HP app: https://support.hp.com/in-en/document/c03601631#AbT7

Let me know if this helps.

If the information I've provided was helpful, give us some reinforcement by clicking the Accepted Solution button, that'll help us and others see that we've got the answers!

I am an HP Employee

HP Recommended

Unfortunately, neither of those approaches work.  The reinstall fails because the uninstall cannot find the .msi file and the restore point approach fails as this problem is several years old.

Any other suggestions?

Thanks

HP Recommended

@Larry1895,

After going through your conversation I understand that you are facing issues uninstalling HP support assistant. 

Are you able to open the HP support assistant on the computer?

Do you see the HP support assistant logo on the taskbar or on the computer desktop?

As you have mentioned that you have used Revo uninstaller to remove the program from the computer, it looks like the software is not present on the computer anymore. However, I recommend you download and install the latest version of HP support assistant from the below link and (it should work fine with Windows 10) then uninstall it and check.

https://www8.hp.com/in/en/campaigns/hpsupportassistant/hpsupport.html?jumpid=va_r602_in/en/any/psg/p...

If you wish to show appreciation for my efforts, mark my post as Accept as Solution. Your feedback counts!

Cheers!

The_Fossette
I am an HP Employee

† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.