Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
We have new content about Hotkey issue, Click here to check it out!
Check out our WINDOWS 11 Support Center info about: OPTIMIZATION, KNOWN ISSUES, FAQs, VIDEOS AND MORE.
HP Recommended
HP Pavilion g6-1325sa Notebook PC
Microsoft Windows 10 (64-bit)

Back in February I reported a bug in HP Support Assistant V9. and it has not been fixed.

Whenever I install it, the Dashboard does not load properly and it cannot be used. See screenshot below.
Each time I have to uninstall it and go back to V8.
I am using Windows 10 pro  21H2
Can someone please solve this issue?

Screenshot 2022-05-23 235957.png

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
HP Recommended

@The_Sharkman 

Product: HP Pavilion g6-1325sa Notebook PC
Operating System: Microsoft Windows 10 (64-bit)

There is no fix for this ---

The product is Retired.

There is no way to backtrack from retired status.

Is your HP Product “vintage?  (Ten years of age or older)

Typically, HP stops supporting consumer products after ten years.  Read the policy and find out if your HP device is on the list. “EOL”

Excerpted from the Retired products webpage:

HP policy for products no longer supported

HP Support may vary by product. Once a product is retired, the official HP support content (troubleshooting articles, user guides, how-to videos, etc.) for that product is removed from the HP web site. Additional support content may still be available via the HP Forums or from third-party web sites; however, HP takes no responsibility for content authored by third-parties.

The list below contains products that have reached the end of their support life. To find your product, begin with the appropriate product category and follow the steps.

Select Laptops > Pavilion > Pavilion G6 > HP Pavilion g6-1300 Notebook PC series

HP Pavilion g6-1300 Notebook PC series - Retired Products  The following products have been retired and are no longer supported by HP. All official HP support content for these products has been removed from this web site.

Check the list and find

Thank you for participating in the HP Community.

Our Community is comprised of volunteers - people who own and use HP devices.

Click Yes to say Thank You

Question / Concern Answered, Click "Accept as Solution"

Dragon-Fur

View solution in original post

4 REPLIES 4
HP Recommended

@The_Sharkman 

Product: HP Pavilion g6-1325sa Notebook PC
Operating System: Microsoft Windows 10 (64-bit)

There is no fix for this ---

The product is Retired.

There is no way to backtrack from retired status.

Is your HP Product “vintage?  (Ten years of age or older)

Typically, HP stops supporting consumer products after ten years.  Read the policy and find out if your HP device is on the list. “EOL”

Excerpted from the Retired products webpage:

HP policy for products no longer supported

HP Support may vary by product. Once a product is retired, the official HP support content (troubleshooting articles, user guides, how-to videos, etc.) for that product is removed from the HP web site. Additional support content may still be available via the HP Forums or from third-party web sites; however, HP takes no responsibility for content authored by third-parties.

The list below contains products that have reached the end of their support life. To find your product, begin with the appropriate product category and follow the steps.

Select Laptops > Pavilion > Pavilion G6 > HP Pavilion g6-1300 Notebook PC series

HP Pavilion g6-1300 Notebook PC series - Retired Products  The following products have been retired and are no longer supported by HP. All official HP support content for these products has been removed from this web site.

Check the list and find

Dragon-Fur

HP Recommended

@Dragon-Fur

Thank you for your answer. 
I am not very technical when it comes to PC issues. I received this laptop as a gift 4 years ago. I had no idea that it was that "old" and that it has been retired.

Having said that, I cannot understand how a software programme version does not work on the laptop itself when the system is the most recent Windows 10 pro. I thought that it is the operating system that matters not the hardware.  Guess I have to stick to V8.

Anyway thanks for your help. 

Kind Regards.

HP Recommended

@The_Sharkman 

You are welcome.

The HP Support Assistant uses the hardware as a base point for it's other actions.

The older 8.x software does essentially the same job as the HPSA "application" (versions 9.x and beyond).

The HP Support Assistant app is written to work with newer hardware and to present a more modern GUI (Graphics User Interface).

Neither the software or the application versions handle certain types of rejection very well. 

For example, when the HPSA is set to automatically search for HP driver updates and there are none to be found (reasons vary) - instead of coming back and issuing a message, "Nope, not there - no updates found", the code might fail without a message, or - in the tradition of the truly persistent -- just keep spinning and trying.

There is not much for the HPSA to do on a retired system.

If you wish, you can uninstall the software and be done with it.

At the very least, switch off the check for HP driver updates.

The system might have been a bit older when it was gifted to you. 

Nice gift that has apparently served well.

Some of the old systems can last for years -- if you can run Windows the way you want, there is reason to keep using the computer.

It's a bit like having a vintage car -- you might not have a GPS tracker, but the car goes where you drive it. 

Happy Computing.

Dragon-Fur

HP Recommended

@Dragon-Fur

Thanks again for the info.

All the best.

† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.