Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
We have new content about Hotkey issue, Click here to check it out!
Check out our WINDOWS 11 Support Center info about: OPTIMIZATION, KNOWN ISSUES, FAQs, VIDEOS AND MORE.
HP Recommended
HP EliteBook 755 G4
Microsoft Windows 10 (64-bit)

My computer:

HP EliteBook 755 G4

BIOS: HP P81 Ver. 01.31, 16/10/2019

AMD PRO A12-9800B R7

Windows 10 Pro Version 10.0.18362 build 18362

The computer is fully updated.

I use the software “HP Support Assistant” mainly for questions concerning my HP printer.

A couple of weeks ago I started “HP Support Assistant” just for a problem related to this printer. Unfortunately, I was not able to start the program.

When I clicked on the icon on the bar, the logo of the program appeared, but nothing happened. After few second a pop-up appeared asking the permission for “HP Support Assistant Tasks” for making changes on my computer.

Independently to my choice, nothing happened and the program did not open.

The pop-up keep appearing, even if nothing happens. During the following weeks, this was happening every time I tried to load the “HP Support Assistant” program.

I went to the HP support page and they said that the software should be uninstalled and installed back again.

I realized that the program could not be uninstalled directly. So I downloaded the file sp101214.exe from the HP official support page and install it. Then, I was able to uninstall it. At this point I believe that “HP Support Assistant” should not be on my laptop.

I installed “HP Support Assistant” back again and I tried to start it, clicking on the icon. Nothing happened and the pop-up came out again. The program did not open.

I do not know what is causing this problem.

I am not able to fix it in order to have the program running appropriately.

Can you help me?

Gian Luca

1 REPLY 1
HP Recommended

The problem still exists.

I am not been able to fix it.

† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.