Post new question
Question

Student
Message 1 of 4 (1,572 Views)

HP Support Assistant is very very slow.

Product Name: HP Pavilion g7-1156nr
Operating System: Microsoft Windows 10 (64-bit)

HP Support Assistant works very very slow. I downloaded new HP Support Assistant program but that did not help. Otherwise my computer and other software seem to work ok. When I open HP Support Assistant it eventually comes up in maybe 20 minutes and then when I try to run any of the options, that also takes maybe 15-20 minutes. Does anyone know the problem and how to fix it?

0 Kudos
Associate Dean
Message 2 of 4 (1,539 Views)

Re: HP Support Assistant is very very slow.

Hello @Brent12

Welcome to the HP Support forum. Thank you for posting.

HP Support Assistant may be helpful application but it is not mandatory app to keep on your PC. If it causes you issues, you can safely uninstall it from Control Panel > Programs and features

Uninstall:  HP Support Assistant  and  HP Support Framework

Prior to the uninstallation, you can open HPSA and take notice of your computer's serial number (S/N).

If you need to check for drivers updates, you can do this via Windows Update or Device Manager.

Here is how >> http://support.hp.com/us-en/document/c03330139

>> http://www.howtogeek.com/98465/htg-explains-when-do-you-need-to-update-your-drivers/

Hope this works for you

* If my suggestion helped you, use the button below to accept this post as a solution.
* If you like my post, please click below on the white Thumb Up+ button for (+1) kudo.

Smiley WinkBest wishes, IT_WinSec --------------------------------
I am not employed by HP Inc. I express personal opinion only. I work in IT.
Intern
Message 3 of 4 (140 Views)

Rather laughable that the solution is to uninstall the HP support assistant. I can confirm that it is more often than not INCREDIBLY SLOW. I'm just rebuilding three new HP ProBook 430 G4 with latest version of Windows 10. At the moment, the first installation is the Intel Management Driver - this has been installing for over 45 minutes so far!

I can also confirm that normally it's the download that's horribly slow. HP need to add some more hamsters to the wheel that's powering their download system. My client also uses Lenovo - their equivilent is way, way faster.

This is when you have a rush job on to commission a new laptop...

sshot-1.png

Highlighted
Associate Dean
Message 4 of 4 (125 Views)

[ Edited ]

Dear @Rob-Nicholson

Thank you for your comment.

This is not a direct solution but an issue solved with a workaround.

On my HP computers which run with Windows, never had I had a single issue with HP Support Assistant (HPSA).

Of course, if the end user is not willing to go with the workaround, I am willing to advice steps to troubleshoot HPSA - however it may be a bit difficult to get it solved remotely, supporting it blindly without any kind of access or knowledge about the environment it is currently running on (OS, drivers, other processes, etc...). Hope this answers your query.

With regards to Lenovo - I wouldn't use anything from them. My personal experience with Lenovo systems and IBM has been awful. If you want we could comment them offline.

* If my suggestion helped you, use the button below to accept this post as a solution.
* If you like my post, please click below on the white Thumb Up+ button for (+1) kudo.

Smiley WinkBest wishes, IT_WinSec --------------------------------
I am not employed by HP Inc. I express personal opinion only. I work in IT.
† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the Terms of Use and Rules of Participation