10-13-2019 02:25 AM
A brief Subject title including HP Support Assistant won't open.
- Product Name: DESKTOP L5GCQ52 Operating System is Windows 10 (64-bit)
A short description of the problem - HP Support Assistant is not working properly on my HP Laptop.
- Meaning Basically the HP Support Assistant won't open after I open the program it gives me the display of HP Support Assistant Tasks and a YES & NO button to tap. After I tap YES it displays the logo of the program for about 0.5 seconds then disappears.
- A detailed message with the following information: HP Support Assistant won't open. Even after following the steps on the HP help/support website to do "A Restore system files and settings", Uninstalling & Re-Installing the HP Support Assistant from its website. It's been uninstalled & reinstalled over 10 times. I've noticed that my Laptop which came pre-installed with Windows 10 keeps getting the version 8 downloaded to it automatically. It's supposed to get version 9 though. Also, the last time I did a "Download & Install" from my HP product page: HP PC's Downloading & Updating Software & Drivers. Also after I open the program it gives me the display of HP Support Assistant Tasks and a YES & NO button to tap. After I tap YES it displays the logo of the program for about 0.5 seconds then disappears.
- Product Name and Operating System: It is an HP Notebook/Laptop with the Product Name of DESKTOP L5GCQ52
- DEVICE: 15-da0073ms
- Operating System is Windows 10 64-bit
- How do I find my product name and number? N/A
- Description of the problem including (It's just above at the 3rd bullet same as the detailed message).
- Error messages, if any - NO ERROR MESSAGES
- Any changes made to your system before the issue occurred. NO changes made to my knowledge.
- BTW: HP already knows this. I have a SmartFriend Plan ($15 a month well worth it) however, I've been sort of ill lately & illness is expected to last 6 to 12 more months. When I talk on the telephone for over a 5 minute period, I usually get very sick to my stomach. Otherwise, I would have called HP SmartFriend & had them take care of this & two other major problems over 2 months ago.
- Anything anybody can do would be greatly appreciated.
- Respectfully, Barry
10-14-2019 01:33 PM
I have brought your issue to the attention of an appropriate team within HP. They will likely request information from you in order to look up your case details or product serial number. Please look for a private message from an identified HP contact. Additionally, keep in mind not to publicly post personal information (serial numbers and case details).
If you are unfamiliar with how the Community's private message capability works, you can learn about that here.
Thank you for visiting the HP Support Community.