Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
Any failures related to Hotkey UWP service? Click here for tips.
Check out our WINDOWS 11 Support Center info about: OPTIMIZATION, KNOWN ISSUES, FAQs, VIDEOS AND MORE.
HP Recommended
Spectre x360
Microsoft Windows 10 (64-bit)

The HP Support Solutions Framework service is taking up 60% of the CPU and it been at it for several hours! I'm not sure what its doing or if I even need it... this can't be right... how do I resolve this? 

I basically have to stay plugged in cause the battery doesn't last long like this.

Appreciate any help

8 REPLIES 8
HP Recommended

Go to Windows Control Panel and Uninstall HP Support Framework then HP Support Assistant

then install the latest version of HP Support Assistant fom the link below.

If you do not want or use HPSA, then do not install it.

http://h18021.www1.hp.com/helpandsupport/hp-self-support.html

HP Recommended

Before  I remove it, I'd like to understand what function does HPSupportFramework serve? and is it so "busy" for a valid reason?

If it is busy for a valid reason, why is it so busy for such prolonged period of time?

Btw, I booted up today and its still going at 60%!

Or... am I to infer that this is not normal, and the prescribed fix would be to remove it and reinstall the support assistant only? Please clarify, thanks!

HP Recommended

Support Framework is part of Support Assistant, it will be reinstalled with a later version when you install Support Assistant.

HP Recommended

I am having the exact same issue, the service is consuming 60-63% CPU continuiously. I have a ProBook 450 G3 running Windows 10 version 1607. The version of the HP Support Assistant running on my machine is 8.3.27.17, but the latest version available for download is 8.2.8.25. I believe I will just stop the service for now, but will uninstall later since everything it attempts to install lately fails to install (e.g. Foxit PhantomPDF, Vigyanlabs IPM+).

UPDATE: I uninstalled HP Support Assistant then HP Support Solutions Framework and then reinstalled HP Support Assistant version 8.3.27.17 (SP76302.exe) and everything appears to be working fine. The service is no longer consuming cpu and a scan of my system proposed no updates.

HP Recommended

I'm glad you were able to resolve the issue. High CPU usage is expected only when detecting products and even then, should only last a few minutes at most.

I am an HP employee
HP Recommended

You  have to uninstall HP Support Assistant first, it needs the framework in order to run so it won't let you delete the framework first

HP Recommended

i do exact what are you saying nd thank you

HP Recommended

Uninstall HP Support Assistant then HP Support Framework

† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.