Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
We have new content about Hotkey issue, Click here to check it out!
Check out our WINDOWS 11 Support Center info about: OPTIMIZATION, KNOWN ISSUES, FAQs, VIDEOS AND MORE.
HP Recommended
EliteBook x360
Microsoft Windows 10 (64-bit)

Hello community. In the last two weeks after patches my HP EliteBook started frequently rebooting when HP Sure Start says " HP Sure Start detected an unauthorized modification to the system firmware.          Please save all data files and shut down the computer to enable HP Sure Start to repair and recover the system firmware"

At which point it does NOT wait for me to save data but auto-reboots. I then see a warning to save all data and allowing a restart . Each time I save all data and restart. The next day it happens again. 

It happens every day. HP Sure Start offers no explanation of Root Cause. The firmware was recently updated by integrated HP software for doing this. 

is anyone else seening the same thing? 

NB See images here

1 - This error appears seemingly randomly1 - This error appears seemingly randomly2 - I see this upon auto-restart2 - I see this upon auto-restart

3 REPLIES 3
HP Recommended

Note for anyone reading or responding how HP Sure START initially flags the issue and then HP Sure RUN software is the one flagging issues at startup.

HP Recommended

Did you find a solution? I'm having this same problem with my new x360 studio g5...

† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.