cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents and videos on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents and videos on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
The HP Calculator Community Message Board is moving. While we prepare for the move, we are unable to accept new postings. During the move, you can look for help from other users by visiting https://www.hpmuseum.org/ . Or if you need technical support for your calculator visit: HP Calculators. .
Vladd02
2 1 0 0
Message 1 of 5
Flag Post

Solved!

HP System Event Utility OMEN Laptop

HP Recommended
OMEN-15-dh1009nq
Microsoft Windows 10 (64-bit)

Hello!

I keep getting HP System Event Utility install pop-up when I start my laptop. I click install but nothing happens. I tried installing it from web, but I still get that pop-up. What can I do in this situation, my OMEN key isn't working also, but I don't know what it's supposed to do anyway.

Any help would be much appreciated. Thank you!

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
Photoray002
Level 15
12,679 9,523 1,309 2,557
Message 5 of 5
Flag Post
HP Recommended

I had someone have this issue recently. Did you try uninstalling the utility first, then reinstalling the app?

Press Ctrl/Alt/Del and choose Task Manager. Select the Startup tab.

Disable the Omen Gaming Hub from starting with Windows.

Type HP System Event Utility in Windows Search bar and when the option to choose it appears at the top, choose to uninstall it.

Reboot.

Reinstall it with this link... Get HP System Event Utility - Microsoft Store 

Now run the Game Hub from the Start menu and see if the error pops up.

View solution in original post

Was this reply helpful? Yes No
4 REPLIES 4
Paul_Tikkanen
Level 21
Level 21
137,910 92,572 21,284 28,587
Message 2 of 5
Flag Post
HP Recommended

Hi:

The only suggestion I can offer, would be to see if installing the system event utility software from the link below works for you.

https://ftp.hp.com/pub/softpaq/sp91501-92000/sp91504.exe

Vladd02
Author
2 1 0 0
Message 3 of 5
Flag Post
HP Recommended

This didn't solve my problem,  though it appears that I have HP System Event Utility installed on my laptop. Another question would be, what the OMEN key does anyway?

Paul_Tikkanen
Level 21
Level 21
137,910 92,572 21,284 28,587
Message 4 of 5
Flag Post
HP Recommended

Unfortunately, that I do not know.

This person seems to indicate the Hub worked fine before that file solved his problem.

Solved: Re: OMEN Gaming Hub telling me to install HP System Event Ut... - HP Support Community - 794...

Photoray002
Level 15
12,679 9,523 1,309 2,557
Message 5 of 5
Flag Post
HP Recommended

I had someone have this issue recently. Did you try uninstalling the utility first, then reinstalling the app?

Press Ctrl/Alt/Del and choose Task Manager. Select the Startup tab.

Disable the Omen Gaming Hub from starting with Windows.

Type HP System Event Utility in Windows Search bar and when the option to choose it appears at the top, choose to uninstall it.

Reboot.

Reinstall it with this link... Get HP System Event Utility - Microsoft Store 

Now run the Game Hub from the Start menu and see if the error pops up.

View solution in original post

Warning Be alert for scammers posting fake support phone numbers and/or email addresses on the community. If you think you have received a fake HP Support message, please report it to us by clicking on "Flag Post".
† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the Terms of Use and Rules of Participation