Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
Any failures related to Hotkey UWP service? Click here for tips.
Check out our WINDOWS 11 Support Center info about: OPTIMIZATION, KNOWN ISSUES, FAQs, VIDEOS AND MORE.
HP Recommended
Victus by HP 16.1 inch Gaming Laptop PC 16-e0000 (2V8Z4AV)
Microsoft Windows 11

I've got a new laptop Victus 16 e-0000 (2V8Z4AV) with ryzen 5 5600h that has a problem with CPU temperature: 

1. With a 100% Maximum processor state in Power Options it goes to 102℃ in a minute in a system stability test (AIDA64);

bzzz01_0-1647106349973.png

2. With a 99% Maximum processor state in Power Options it stays near 85-90℃ system stability test (AIDA64). In this case cpu and gpu 100% loaded;

GPU temperature in all tests is below 75℃. I probably would think that 90 is ok but it doesnt work like this in games. 

While playing games that use 100% of gpu, cpu temperature also goes to 100℃ in 1-3 minutes even when it's loaded on 20-40% and stays at this level.

So,

1. Is it ok for this CPU to work at 100℃? Maybe I'm wrong while thinking it is a problem.

2. Is there any way to force cpu to work on lower temperatures in game or there's a big chance that I have to go to repair service?

1 REPLY 1
HP Recommended

I had high temperatures when i play elden ring my cpu temp reaches 101c to 102c also when i play cod warzone it reaches to 99c to 101c the only solution i find to make the the temperature lower is by disabling the turbo boost now my cpu temp while playing elden ring and warzone is at 82c to 88c.

hp victus ryzen 5600h nvidia 3050ti

† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.