Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
Any failures related to Hotkey UWP service? Click here for tips.
Check out our WINDOWS 11 Support Center info about: OPTIMIZATION, KNOWN ISSUES, FAQs, VIDEOS AND MORE.
HP Recommended
HP EliteBook x360
Microsoft Windows 10 (64-bit)

Hi,

A week ago on laptops that had an OEM image installed on it, HP applications started to get update and new software has been installed, which is HP Wolf Security.

This particular application conflicts with currently installed Sophos Anti-virus and causing laptop to slow down significantly.

We do manage those laptops through Intune, so if someone can assist us with determination of correct way to remove all those HP preinstalled software, as it looks like it does not bring any value for enterprise users.

Kind regards,

Dmitriy.

34 REPLIES 34
HP Recommended

We had the same issue happening within our Organization and promptly disabled HP security Wolf without uninstalling and the machines continue to perform as they did prior to the issue.

HP Recommended

Hi Excelerant,

Thank you for your response. How did you disable the app, is there any documentation on centrally managing the solution?

Kind regards,

Dmitriy.

HP Recommended

Hi Dmitriy,

Unfortunately I haven’t been able to find any documentation on Wolf that would assist in making changes from a centralized platform.  Because it has been affecting our users in waves at the moment we have been handling this case by case at the Helpdesk level either by disabling or uninstalling Wolf at the user’s computer.

HP Recommended

We are in the exact same situation. I have been uninstalling the the software as its appearing on users computers.

Sophos either puts the computer in isolation because wolf stops one of its services. Or the computer is un-usably slow. I'm trying to find a way to stop it installing in the first place. Not sure which peace of HP software is doing it tho. Uninstalling them all will probably work to be honest.

HP Recommended

To be honest I only notice Wolf on the computers after we push Windows the latest Windows updates but we haven’t been able to pin point it exactly since we don’t have a sandbox HP machine we can use at the moment.  I do suspect the latest Cumulative Update to play a roll but haven’t been able to confirm it’s the culprit.

HP Recommended

Same issues on our Laptops. HP Wolf Security is causing alot of performance issues. I uninstalled the appllication and i also uninstalled HP Support Assistant. Hopefully this application will not be pushed again.

HP Recommended

Hi UBAADMIN

It seems to take two attempts with reboots to uninstall completely.

Then open Services and look for HP Security Update Service, Stop it and then Disable it.

This has stopped it for me and my customers.

HP Recommended

DinAga,

We are experiencing the exact issue. We too have Sophos and are finding that HP Wolf Security is absolutely killing the processor when it gets installed. The shift to HP Wolf Security is fundamentally broken in my opinion. I've tried looking for documentation on the program with no luck. I'm also trying to determine what update/upgrade is installing the app. I assume it is in the "HP Sure"  family of programs. I've been experimenting with a spare system to see if I can figure it out.

We normally connect to our remote uses with a support tool. Wolf degrades system performance that we're unable to make a connection some times. It is quickly becoming a pain point for us.

HP Recommended

Same issue here started recently. HP Wolf Security disables the Sophos Device Control Service which eventually places the PC into self-isolation. Slows the OS to a crawl. It must be part of the HP security suite and piggy backing on one of those updates. We typically use HP Support Assistant for the HP PC's. Curiously, it has not installed on my EliteBook 840 so I probably removed whatever app it's associated with.

On the machine I was working on two apps were installed on the same day (5/18/21):

• HP Security Update Service
  • HP Wolf Security

I will see about opening a ticket with HP to at least advise them of this. 

*Edit* Reported to HP Support

† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.