Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
We have new content about Hotkey issue, Click here to check it out!
Check out our WINDOWS 11 Support Center info about: OPTIMIZATION, KNOWN ISSUES, FAQs, VIDEOS AND MORE.
HP Recommended

Hey guys, Recently bought the newest HP envy 13 with the 10th gen. I completely wiped the drive and installed windows from a clean factory image. Right away I was greeted by a non working touchpad, no sound, and no WiFi.

Luckily my good old spare android and usb tethering got me through it, however:

Apart from the driver download system being absolut garbage and unstable I am out of ideas how to get the right drivers.

Touchpad, Audio and Card reader drivers are missing.

After going to the HP website, auto detecting my model and downloading them I double click to run them. This starts the unpack setup which installs the real setup to „C:/something/„. Now when I want to run the extracted setup NOTHING happens. I’ve tried redownloading, restarting, running as admin, switching to the admin account, running from „run“ and cmd the drivers simply won’t install.

Why am I left without a working touchpad, audio and 5 unidentifiable devices in the device manager HP? This laptop wasnt exactly released yesterday.

1 REPLY 1
HP Recommended

Hi@erzeek,

Welcome to the HP Support Community! I'd like to help!

I see you are experiencing issues with the HP Envy Notebook and looking for the drivers.  

I have a few recommendations 

• Update your Notebook computer to the latest BIOS from HP.COM.
  • You can download the drivers from HP.COM if available. 
  • Make sure the Windows and HP support assistant updates are up to date. 

The HP Cloud Recovery Tool allows you to download recovery software to a USB drive. You can use the downloaded recovery image file in order to install the Windows operating system. 

Click here for the HP Cloud Recovery Tool (Windows 10) link.

Hope this helps! Keep me posted. 

Please click “Accept as Solution” if you feel my post solved your issue, it will help others find the solution.
Click on the YES button to reply that the response was helpful and/or to say “Thank You”.

Have a great day!

† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.