Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
We have new content about Hotkey issue, Click here to check it out!
Check out our WINDOWS 11 Support Center info about: OPTIMIZATION, KNOWN ISSUES, FAQs, VIDEOS AND MORE.
HP Recommended
HP Pro 3130 Microtower PC
Microsoft Windows 7 (64-bit)

My HP Support Assistant – HP/Windows 7 Pro – has stopped working for some time without reason. I'm trying to download HP Support Assistant for Desktops 7.4.45.4 & 8.4.14.41 via LO4D.com without success, nothing happens. I uninstalled it with my firewall and virus protection disabled, then tried to download it again – no luck. I have been having download problems for some time. Is it possible that has something to do with Windows Installer, InstallShield or HP Inataller?
Here are some notices I have been receiving:
An error occurred while troubleshooting.
An unexpected error has occurred.
The troubleshooting wizard cannot continue.
Error code: 0x80070002

HP support assistance has stopped working .
Problem Event Name: CLR20r3
Problem Signature 01: hpsf.exe
Problem Signature 02: 7.0.1.1
Problem Signature 03: 50645750
Problem Signature 04: mscorlib
Problem Signature 05: 2.0.0.0
Problem Signature 06: 4e1539fa
Problem Signature 07: 1b7e
Problem Signature 08: 10
Problem Signature 09: System.IO.FileNotFoundException
OS Version: 6.1.7601.2.1.0.256.48
Locale ID: 1033
thank you for any assistance that you may offer. Russ.

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
HP Recommended

> Problem Event Name: CLR20r3

> Problem Signature 01: hpsf.exe

Are you running Version 4.7 of the "dot-Net" software?

See: https://support.microsoft.com/en-ca/help/3186497/the-net-framework-4-7-offline-installer-for-windows

for the "offline installer".

Can you uninstall the HP Support Assistant, reboot, download the latest version, install it, and try again?

View solution in original post

3 REPLIES 3
HP Recommended

> Problem Event Name: CLR20r3

> Problem Signature 01: hpsf.exe

Are you running Version 4.7 of the "dot-Net" software?

See: https://support.microsoft.com/en-ca/help/3186497/the-net-framework-4-7-offline-installer-for-windows

for the "offline installer".

Can you uninstall the HP Support Assistant, reboot, download the latest version, install it, and try again?

HP Recommended

Thank you for the Version 4.7 of the "dot-Net" software tip. I will give a complete search and delete it.
I downloaded it from a Windows update, I was actually looking for v. 3.5 of which I deleted previously.

HP Recommended

Thank you, Prof., my update. I ended up formatting and restoring my Drive C: with drive 😧 EMO backup. That was the easy part, now the job begins. I guess there is no easy way to correct errors, I sure tried. Of course, I saved everything prior. Thanks again.

† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.