Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
We have new content about Hotkey issue, Click here to check it out!
Check out our WINDOWS 11 Support Center info about: OPTIMIZATION, KNOWN ISSUES, FAQs, VIDEOS AND MORE.
HP Recommended
HP ENVY 17-j005eo Notebook PC
Microsoft Windows 10 (64-bit)

Hi,

The HP support assisant can't find the drivers for my laptop, what can I do to fix this issue?

6 REPLIES 6
HP Recommended

Hi:

If the HP support assistant is not finding drivers for your notebook, you will have to manually download the drivers from the support page.  They are the latest ones available for your notebook.

HP ENVY 17-j005eo Notebook PC Hämta programvara och drivrutiner | HP® kundsupport

If there is a particular device that you can't find a driver for let me know what device(s) you need drivers for, and I will post the links to them.

HP Recommended

Thanks for the help Paul. 

I'm having trouble installing the  Cyberlink PowerDirector software for windows 8.1 , it says: invalid HP driver during the beginning of the install and then stops. How do I get past this problem? 

HP Recommended

You're very welcome.

See if this newer version of the software works on your notebook.

14.0.2.3309 Rev.B
  Operating Systems:
Windows 10 (64-bit)
Microsoft Windows 10 (64-bit)
Microsoft Windows 8 (64-bit)
Microsoft Windows 8.1 (64-bit)
Release date:  Sep 30, 2016
 File name:
 sp77573.exe  (503.8 MB)
HP Recommended

Hi again. I tried runnning the setup file in the SWsetup folder as administrator also in compatibility mode for windows 8, sorry to say nothing happened it didn't want to start at all.

HP Recommended

Sorry that file didn't work either.

Unfortunately, I don't have any other suggestions for you to try.

HP Recommended

Perhaps there is a version 16 of the software that could work?

† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.