Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
We have new content about Hotkey issue, Click here to check it out!
Check out our WINDOWS 11 Support Center info about: OPTIMIZATION, KNOWN ISSUES, FAQs, VIDEOS AND MORE.
HP Recommended
Microsoft Windows 11

Hi There,

FortiClient shows this as a critical vulnerability - C:\Program Files (x86)\HP\HPAudioSwitch\log4net.dll    

Windows update  and HP drivers check does not see this required update.

Should i just uninstall this HP app, or Will HP update it?

Thanks

Stuart

3 REPLIES 3
HP Recommended

Hi,

You could just uinstall the APP since you will have other audio software installed which will take care of your audio needs.

(such as Realtek)

Hope it helps,

David

HP Recommended

Thanks David,   

Yep I had done that. You are right a its just bloatware at the end of the day. 

I was also keen to make sure HP also addresses this security concern.   

Many thanks for your quick reply.   🙂

Kind Regards,

Stuart

HP Recommended

You're welcome Stuart,

Yes it can take some time for intervention. 

I usually perform a clean install on my machines (even when new) to try to have what I want (or at least know) installed.

all the best,

David

† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.