Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
Are you having HotKey issue? Click here for tips and tricks.
Check out our WINDOWS 11 Support Center info about: OPTIMIZATION, KNOWN ISSUES, FAQs, VIDEOS AND MORE.
HP Recommended
HP ProBook 6470b Notebook PC
Microsoft Windows 10 (64-bit)

After I install HPSA 9, on my HP Probook 6470b, I always have problems with it. Have there been similar instances of this, and if so, are there any solutions? Or is it just that my computer is too old, and can't support HPSA 9? I'm not really that computer literate, though.

Shannon L. Freng
1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
HP Recommended

@ShannonF1277 

Welcome to the HP Community Forum.

Yes, your hardware is "just too old" to support the more modern User Interface in the HPSA application.,

It's not actually important that you must use the legacy HP Support Assistant Software.

The HPSA software type (older) and the HPSA application type (newer) both serve the same purpose.

The rest -- how HPSA looks -- is just "window dressing".

There have not been any HP driver updates for this machine for a long time.

That said, if you need or want to do so, you can manually check for drivers.

Open Category Software and Drivers

Select your Operating System and Version

Wait for list to populate

Under All Drivers

Open all

==============================================

HP Device Home Page - References and Resources

Learn about your Device - Solve Problems

When the website support page opens, Select (as available) a Category > Topic > Subtopic

NOTE:  Content depends on device type and Operating System

Categories:  Alerts, Warranty Check, HP Drivers / Software and BIOS, How-to Videos, Bulletins/Notices, How-to Documents, Troubleshooting, Manuals > User Guide, Service and Maintenance Guide (Replacement Parts and Procedures), Product Information (Specifications), more

Open

Dragon-Fur

View solution in original post

4 REPLIES 4
HP Recommended

@ShannonF1277 

Welcome to the HP Community Forum.

Yes, your hardware is "just too old" to support the more modern User Interface in the HPSA application.,

It's not actually important that you must use the legacy HP Support Assistant Software.

The HPSA software type (older) and the HPSA application type (newer) both serve the same purpose.

The rest -- how HPSA looks -- is just "window dressing".

There have not been any HP driver updates for this machine for a long time.

That said, if you need or want to do so, you can manually check for drivers.

Open Category Software and Drivers

Select your Operating System and Version

Wait for list to populate

Under All Drivers

Open all

==============================================

HP Device Home Page - References and Resources

Learn about your Device - Solve Problems

When the website support page opens, Select (as available) a Category > Topic > Subtopic

NOTE:  Content depends on device type and Operating System

Categories:  Alerts, Warranty Check, HP Drivers / Software and BIOS, How-to Videos, Bulletins/Notices, How-to Documents, Troubleshooting, Manuals > User Guide, Service and Maintenance Guide (Replacement Parts and Procedures), Product Information (Specifications), more

Open

Dragon-Fur

HP Recommended

Thanks a lot. What HP model would you suggest I buy? I suppose built-in DVD drives are now obsolete, eh?

Shannon L. Freng
HP Recommended

@ShannonF1277 

You are welcome.

Frankly, I'm not the one to give specific advice of this type.

What?  I'm old and I tend to spend a lot of money on tech -- my tastes run to the extravagant: 

Better, faster, fancier, more elegant, all inclusive... 

In general...

Stick with the Business class machines:  Better hardware, longer warranty, better "in the field" upgrades, access to Advanced BIOS features (as supported in the particular machine) -- the list continues.

Read the details carefully -- just because a model offers an option does not mean that option is IN your machine. 

Special Orders >> "CTO" (Custom to Order) machines allow you to get what you want -- you still have to be careful when choosing options.  CTO machines take weeks longer to get - build and ship times are usually longer than advertised.  I prefer the CTO option in spite of the wait time -- we experience time in one direction >> the machine does get built and it does get delivered.  Nice to get what you want.

The more you spend, the more you get.  Less expensive machines all make up for the cost differences by not including "something" -- carefully check the Specifications.  If machine B costs less than machine A, there is a reason:  missing back light for the keyboard, missing fingerprint sensor, smaller disk, hard drive instead of SSD drive, less memory, slower Processor (CPU),  --- "something" won't be the same in a cheaper version of the computer.

True -- On occasion, there are sales that combine favorite options -- check the Specifications.

Talk to a Sales Rep or order from HP online

Have a list of what you want / need / demand / "can't live without"

POINT:

Want Windows Facial Recognition?

The machine needs a high-grade "IR" type camera / webcam.

There is no software fix for a missing IR camera.

POINT:

Want Fingerprint sign in?

The machine needs a finger printer sensor -- you cannot load software to make up for a missing sensor.

POINT:

Want a backlit keyboard?

The machine must be ordered with this feature -- backlit display is NOT a backlit keyboard.

You cannot load software to make up for a missing back light keyboard.

POINT:

Do not skimp on disk space / storage -- tiny storage (little SSD / disk space) can be managed but not having enough space for your software (games, Office, design), documents, pictures, and videos can leave you scrambling when all you want is to continue working as you like.

--------------------------------------------------

AND

Do not hurry -

Terrified of missing "the sale"? --

Don't get trapped; better to get what you want than panic-purchase for fear of missing out.

Check twice, three times, wait a little while - go back and order.

HP Store – USA

Store/HP.com USA Sales

Not your HP store?  Scroll to the bottom of the store website and click the Flag to change regions.

HP Store Customer Service - Examples

For example:  Self-Help Service, Account, Security and Privacy, Tracking, Change Order, Returns and Cancellations, FAQ, Shopping, Shipping and delivery, Rebates / Coupons, Product Support, Parts and services

Thank you for participating in the HP Community --

People who own, use, and support HP devices.

Click Yes to say Thank You

Question / Concern Answered, Click "Accept as Solution"

Dragon-Fur

HP Recommended

Ah, thanks man! I'm 58, and basically a quasi-dinosaur, when it comes to all that stuff. I agree, that sticking to a business class is foundational. And I'm quite sure HP is a good brand to stick with. I obviously need to read up on a lot of stuff.

Shannon L. Freng
† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.