Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
We have new content about Hotkey issue, Click here to check it out!
Check out our WINDOWS 11 Support Center info about: OPTIMIZATION, KNOWN ISSUES, FAQs, VIDEOS AND MORE.
HP Recommended
Microsoft Windows 10 (64-bit)

Hi,

I'm trying to package the HP Support Assistant software in SCCM and deploy it out silently. Is there any documentation for all the possible switches, for example, to install silently, not have a system tray or desktop icon, etc.

The information I;ve foudn on other posts doesn't seem correct.

Thanks.

9 REPLIES 9
HP Recommended

@Porter4 Thank you for posting on HP Forums,

For an accurate solution I'll need more details:

What is the product number of your device? Use this link to find it: Click here

(Ensure you do not share any of your personal information such as serial, phone number, email ID, etc.)

Which posts have you checked so far? Any details would be appreciated, so we don't suggest the same again!

Please reply with the details for further assistance.

Eager to help!

To thank me for my efforts to help you,

feel free to give me a virtual high-five by clicking the 'Thumbs Up' icon 

And Have a great day Ahead!

Riddle_Decipher
I am an HP Employee

HP Recommended

Thanks. 

I will have a look and come back with details.

Is there a white paper or a manuel for this software which documents all of the possible switches?

HP Recommended

@Porter4 Usually there is a user guide for the software sold by HP, however, it depends on the product you have, please get back to us with the details for more information.

Have a good day.

Riddle_Decipher
I am an HP Employee

HP Recommended

Thanks. The software is free, it’s HP support assistant. It applies to all models of HP devices so my particular product  is not relevant. This is software which will scan and install updated drivers for every model of laptop and desktop HP sell. I will be using it on multiple types of laptops and desktops myself. 

HP Recommended

@Porter4 The software is free, however, the product it can be used on and my support boundaries depend on the model name of the device, that said, here's all the generic help I can provide: Click here to troubleshoot the application.

And on using the app: Click here

I hope that helps!

Riddle_Decipher
I am an HP Employee

HP Recommended

Thanks.

I have checked those links previously but unfortunately they do not contain the information I need.

Here are details on one of the many different devices we want to install the software silently on:

Product Description: HP EliteBook 850 G3 Notebook PC (ENERGY STAR)

Product Number: V1H21UT

HP Recommended

@Porter4 Your HP EliteBook 850 G3 Notebook PC is classified as a Commercial product.

For information on this product, please contact our Commercial Support Team by filling the web form using this link - www.hp.com/contacthp

- On that page, where it says to enter my HP model number, enter your product details and click on find my product

- On the next page, it will ask you to enter your basic details and the description of the issue.

- Once you have filled that, click on show options.

- It will give you phone support option.

- Once you select that it will give you a case number and a phone number to contact.

Riddle_Decipher
I am an HP Employee

HP Recommended

Thanks. I submitted a case two weeks ago and haven't got anything useful back as yet. 

I was hoping to get some help on this forum. Is there a commercial forum?

HP Recommended

@Porter4
I have brought your issue to the attention of an appropriate team within HP. They will likely request information from you in order to look up your case details or product serial number. Please look for a private message from an identified HP contact. Additionally, keep in mind not to publicly post personal information (serial numbers and case details).

Thank you for visiting the HP Support Community.

ECHO_LAKE
I am an HP Employee

† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.